General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Sputtering around 5-7,000 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:26 PM
MPdesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at mine without removing. They both appeared to be super tight. So, you think I should remove the round intake hose from the rear of the airbox housing and re-install - probably on both sides to be safe?
Old 03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by MPdesign
I looked at mine without removing. They both appeared to be super tight. So, you think I should remove the round intake hose from the rear of the airbox housing and re-install - probably on both sides to be safe?
My bad.. I meant to say intake"duct" instead of hose.. its in front of the air cleaner box.. The bolt that was supposed to secure the box was actually damaged.. so it was not holding it tight to the duct in front of it. So when it got cold and parts started to shrink, more of a gap existed. So I removed and reinstalled the box securely- replacing the damaged bolt and I have no issues since.
Afterwards there was much less "play" in the box with regard to movement as well. Now the revs are as smooth as it should be.