General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Overheating problem plzzz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If under warranty I'd hope for them to replace the ECM and/or BCM first. Unfortunately I don't have enough expertise to know for certain which might be related to something like this. If not that then maybe the instrument cluster itself but I don't really know how that would be the culprit. But I guess that's possible.

I know it's frustrating but hang in there. I'm trying to deal with a difficult to diagnose issue on my wife's car right now but help from here on the forum might have shown me a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we both get our fixes soon.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
ahmed.zakut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. Yes. Yes. ..I took the car today to the dealer.and they admit that the instrument cluster is out of order.
They've already ordered a new one and it might arrive next week. So I will keep you posted..at last I can see the light by the end of the tunnel

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If under warranty I'd hope for them to replace the ECM and/or BCM first. Unfortunately I don't have enough expertise to know for certain which might be related to something like this. If not that then maybe the instrument cluster itself but I don't really know how that would be the culprit. But I guess that's possible.

I know it's frustrating but hang in there. I'm trying to deal with a difficult to diagnose issue on my wife's car right now but help from here on the forum might have shown me a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we both get our fixes soon.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ahmed.zakut
Yes. Yes. Yes. ..I took the car today to the dealer.and they admit that the instrument cluster is out of order.
They've already ordered a new one and it might arrive next week. So I will keep you posted..at last I can see the light by the end of the tunnel
Hooray! Your ordeal sounds maddening. Hopefully this puts it all right.