General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

leak near rear differential

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How do you it doesn't fit?

Originally Posted by jujubii
just a warning, the g35/350 diff bushings do not fit (are the the same size as) the g37/370z's.
proof: SPL diff bushings - Nissan 370Z Forum

from what i know, SPL has not yet designed nor released a diff set for our chassis. it's not even on their website! the only explanation i can have for the set sold on importpartspro is that they just have the g35/350z set relabeled for the g37/370z thinking that it was forwards compatible. buyer beware and inquire within vendor first. you don't want to go taking everything off first and then realize that it does fit.
I just bought these and waiting for warm weather to install.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TeeItHi
I just bought these and waiting for warm weather to install.
did you buy the g35/350z ones? or did you buy the supposed g37/370z ones?

warm weather + bushings in freezer overnight should help.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If any of you install those solid bushings in your G, please report on how loud it makes the car. I'd guess the noise transmitted from the rear end will be very annoying for daily driving.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did you buy the g35/350z ones? or did you buy the supposed g37/370z ones?

warm weather + bushings in freezer overnight should help.
Got these ones

SPL SPLSDBSZ34 Solid Differential Mounting Bushings 08+ Infiniti G37 V36
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If any of you install those solid bushings in your G, please report on how loud it makes the car. I'd guess the noise transmitted from the rear end will be very annoying for daily driving.
Just got my package of goodies in. Ill be installing them this weekend Ill post a before and after video.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I wonder why there seem to be very few "compromise" products in this area. The solid metal bushings, motor mounts, subframe bushings, etc. are going to be way too harsh for most people's taste on a daily driver or occasional track car. OEM rubber ones are too soft for best performance. I wonder why no company will make a hard rubber one (or something besides solid metal) that is better than stock but not so hard as to eliminate eery ounce of NVH comfort in the car?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

I just finished the install. Man was this thing a PITA to install, all I can say is wow what a world of a difference. The solid bushings keep the power down and I don't get any dif jerk. I ended up re-using the stock rubber "spacers/washers" that sit ontop of the differential to soak up all sound. As far as the sound inside the cabin goesI'm guessing the rubber spacers soak up the sound but I can't hear the difference.

Last edited by unknowndesi; 01-14-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

just a warning, the g35/350 diff bushings do not fit (are the the same size as) the g37/370z's.
proof: SPL diff bushings - Nissan 370Z Forum

from what i know, SPL has not yet designed nor released a diff set for our chassis. it's not even on their website! the only explanation i can have for the set sold on importpartspro is that they just have the g35/350z set relabeled for the g37/370z thinking that it was forwards compatible. buyer beware and inquire within vendor first. you don't want to go taking everything off first and then realize that it does fit.
I got mine in a box that said they were made for the z34. And they fit perfect. you need to remember these things need to be pressed into place and its not as simple is bolt on bolt off. I think the total install time was about 10-12 hours but mainly because i had to run to my shop to press everything and pick up some tools. you really have to think outside the box for this one. and again for those if you that couldn't find them just order them from import parts pro they've got the best price I found on the web.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Originally Posted by unknowndesi
I got mine in a box that said they were made for the z34. And they fit perfect. you need to remember these things need to be pressed into place and its not as simple is bolt on bolt off. I think the total install time was about 10-12 hours but mainly because i had to run to my shop to press everything and pick up some tools. you really have to think outside the box for this one. and again for those if you that couldn't find them just order them from import parts pro they've got the best price I found on the web.
oh yea i know, i never doubted the difficulty of the installation. i just doubted the correctness of the advertised product. no other vendor sells them and spl doesnt even have them up for sale on their own site! seems a little suspicious

Last edited by jujubii; 01-14-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

oh yea i know, i never doubt the difficulty of the installation. i just doubt the correctness of the advertised product. no other vendor sells them and spl doesnt even have them up for sale on their own site! seems a little suspicious
Uh, yes they do. They have for quite some time. Click on the Z34 application or the V36 and they are listed.
https://www.splparts.com/store/

Any vendor who sells SPL parts can get them. Even if they don't have them listed, they can order them.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Uh, yes they do. They have for quite some time. Click on the Z34 application or the V36 and they are listed.
https://www.splparts.com/store/

Any vendor who sells SPL parts can get them. Even if they don't have them listed, they can order them.
touche, i've been following SPL PRO SUSPENSION | 07-08 Infiniti G35 sedan and 08+ Infiniti G37 V36 for updates... guess they have the differential bushings and midlinks out! why arent other vendors advertising 'em? o.o
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I asked Z1 motorsports a couple of weeks ago what I'd have to do to get a poly 350z bushing to fit in our cars, because, let's face it, not many of us actually use our cars enough to merit solid bushings. I was told that the poly 350z bushing should fit our cars without any modifications and what not.

Of course, with my luck, after searching through my e-mails, I can only find the e-mail that I sent out to Z1, and can't find the response, to post an exact quote. But if anyone wants to give a call out to Z1 and ask them personally and report back, feel free.

I need to replace my diff bushing too, and I really don't need a solid bushing, so this would be my option.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

i dunno man, a couple of guys on the the370z tries the 350 bushings and it didnt fit...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Really? Hmm, this might be more of a problem than I thought then.

I really don't need solid bushings lol. I drive like a grandma. I wouldn't mind the noise or anything, it'd just be overkill for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

The tolerances are a bit different between the 350z and the 370z if im not mistaken the 350z's bushing is a bit bigger, ever so slightly bigger by a couple nm. You could always machine away the extra or just buy the right one the first time and not have to worry about any machining. To tell you guys the truth I honestly dont hear the difference at all but I do feel the difference. I'll make an in cabin video sometime this week at a couple different speeds and you guys can tell me what you think.

Quick Reply: leak near rear differential