General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Another Laundry List for the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 AM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Laundry List for the Dealer

I am taking my car to Flemington Infiniti in NJ for warranty service this Friday. Previously took it to Infiniti of Willow Grove and my experience there was not great. Here is the list of things I have/will be mentioning to them:

-Steering wheel trim peeling (will also ask about shift **** and door handles)

-Dash above gauge cluster coming off and squeaking

-A Pillar Creaking Noise

-5AT shifting issue (read about TSB for ECM upgrade)

-Rattling in the rear deck area (although I think I might have fixed it by pressing down on the rear deck, just worried it may come back)

Some other things I am considering mentioning and would like input into whether this is normal or should be fixed:

-A high pitched whine coming from the engine, I can only hear it when I pop the hood and listen closely to the engine.

-A ticking noise that seems to be coming from the cats or somewhere under the car in that area

-I planned on mentioning the muffler rattle but it was suggested that I not mention it since it only occurs during a cold start and isn't extremely bad.

- A/c compressor noise when I first turn on the a/c at times (I've read about others who've had this same issue).

I know it's a pretty long list but I figure I might as well bother the dealership while I'm still covered. Any input on what I should include/exclude on/from the list or advice from others who have experience with these problems would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: Took it to Flemington Infiniti Friday, they are replacing the steering wheel, the dash cover for the gauges, the shift **** and the door pulls

They put padding in the A pillar as well as the center console which has made the creaking noise much better but I still hear it every now and then.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
TheGrimReaper3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm buying a 08 from Willow Grove right now and I absolutely hate my sales person. What year is your G? What warranty coverage do you have on it? If I buy from willow grove with the elite warranty can I have another dealer preform the service? Would your type of issues listed be covered by the elite warranty?