General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Just got some warranty service

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got some warranty service

Hey, i just got some warranty service done on my 09 coupe and i just thought i would post so people know some things they can get replaced and stuff.

First off the dash cover on top of my gauge cluster was coming off. The guy i talked to had no problem with fixing this. Its all fixed now and looks great.

I also had some chopping on my steering wheel bezel. At first the guy tried to argue with me and say that this was "cosmetic" and would not be covered. I told him that i talked to some people who had had it fixed and that they said it was replaced under warranty because the design of painting the bezel was basically a poor idea and in 2010+ cars you will notice they made it much higher quality because of this problem. He reluctantly decided that he "could ask his manager for approval". When i went in to get the dash cover fixed today he told me that I was approved for it to be fixed and that they would be replacing my entire steering wheel under the warranty. i just have to wait for the wheel to come in.

I also asked about my sunroof plastic drying out a bit and like cracking and he told me thats not covered. Wasn't expecting it to be, and its not really bad but like if it starts to leak im gonna make them fix it. I also have a wallet bubbled seat but i decided not to even ask about it because id rather just have the bubble than end up with a different color or messed up seat. And incase anyone is wondering i was at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown Long Island. And i let them wash my car and they like washed the edges of my rims... but left brake dust all up in between the spokes... other than that i have no complaints.

I saw a couple people post asking for invoices as proof so they could get their warranty repairs so I will post pics of the invoices when i get the steering wheel done.

Edit: here is the first invoice from today, it shows that they replaced the gauge cluster cover and says they ordered the steering wheel. Both of them show "Factory" because they are the warrenty work that will be covered by the factory as opposed to the dealer. and you can see at the bottom no charge, because i paid nothing. Left the work number there so your dealer can look it up or call my dealer and ask about it if they have a problem.

edit 2: heres the 2nd invoice (for the steering wheel)

edit 3: fixed links, also i got the piece of weatherstripping behind the side mirror (on coupe) fixed because it like ripped. So if anyone wants that invoice just tell me and ill post it up

Last edited by chlutz214; 04-19-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added Pic; added pic of 2nd invoice; fixed links
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
soleil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chlutz214
Hey, i just got some warranty service done on my 09 coupe and i just thought i would post so people know some things they can get replaced and stuff.

First off the dash cover on top of my gauge cluster was coming off. The guy i talked to had no problem with fixing this. Its all fixed now and looks great.

I also had some chopping on my steering wheel bezel. At first the guy tried to argue with me and say that this was "cosmetic" and would not be covered. I told him that i talked to some people who had had it fixed and that they said it was replaced under warranty because the design of painting the bezel was basically a poor idea and in 2010+ cars you will notice they made it much higher quality because of this problem. He reluctantly decided that he "could ask his manager for approval". When i went in to get the dash cover fixed today he told me that I was approved for it to be fixed and that they would be replacing my entire steering wheel under the warranty. i just have to wait for the wheel to come in.

I also asked about my sunroof plastic drying out a bit and like cracking and he told me thats not covered. Wasn't expecting it to be, and its not really bad but like if it starts to leak im gonna make them fix it. I also have a wallet bubbled seat but i decided not to even ask about it because id rather just have the bubble than end up with a different color or messed up seat. And incase anyone is wondering i was at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown Long Island. And i let them wash my car and they like washed the edges of my rims... but left brake dust all up in between the spokes... other than that i have no complaints.

I saw a couple people post asking for invoices as proof so they could get their warranty repairs so I will post pics of the invoices when i get the steering wheel done.
the invoice would be awesome. i need to bring mine in for some work too.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

posted pic of first invoice. will post one that says they installed the steering wheel when i get it installed.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:55 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

posted pic of invoice for the steering wheel.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would like my steering wheel to replaced as well the `10+ G's have nice soft leather compared to my `09 POS leather.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

yes, its a much nicer steering wheel. scratch up your bezel, but dont make it look intentional lol and bring her in. if they give u trouble print out the pics i posted and show them.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM
videodrone83

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i see no attachment here, I am wanting to bring mine in for same thing. the top dashboard that covers the guages driver side and the steering wheel as well.

Has anyone tried to get them to replace the silver handle bars in the doors?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Rev'n G37

Originally Posted by videodrone83
i see no attachment here, I am wanting to bring mine in for same thing. the top dashboard that covers the guages driver side and the steering wheel as well.

Has anyone tried to get them to replace the silver handle bars in the doors?
My dealer got mine covered under "clear coat pealing" but from what I've seen on the post majority get declined with "normal wear and tear" excuse...Guess it all depends on your dealer GL
Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

sorry, the links went down, replacing them now
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM
videodrone83

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ha. I went to the dealership today and they just turned around and told me, that guys warranty was still left. Yet I purchased a certified pre owned that came with extended 100k warranty on mine....
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

maybe the extended doesnt cover it? is it still bumper to bumper?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:07 AM
taek

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow thanks for the attachment. I had a same argument with the service guy at the dealership for the steering wheel peeling issue, and he said its not covered under warranty... but this proof might help to fight the battle again =) thx
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Nnn7

Just took my infiniti in today for service and I am having the same exact components replaced under warranty. They had no problem at all doing so. The service employee that was helping me actually insisted on spending infiniti's money to get brand new ones.