General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Remote start G37 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 PM
MaryJame001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
^^That's an excellent idea.. Here in chicago, we do see the occasional hard core riders that will commute on a bicycle.. even in a snow storm.
I agree withyou
Old 01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

In NC the infiniti dealers refuse to install or warranty and install of a remote start, no biggie though! From what ive found out in the past
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 PM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goparaju
Hi,

I am looking to see how many G37 owners or lease holders have installed a remote start for their G37. Its almost a necessity for colder climates. I called up my dealer but they had suggested not to install as it causes problem. They even mentioned that the warranty will void if installing remote start causes any issues with the electrical system.

Is there anyone who has installed remote start and if yes could you please share your experience.

Thanks
A dealer cannot legally "void a warranty". What they can do is deny a specific warranty claim *if* they determine your mod caused/contributed to the problem.

e.g. - I install a new sway bar.
If my end links break, they can deny to fix that under warranty.
If my A/C unit implodes, they cannot deny that warranty claim due to the sway bar mod as they're not even remotely related.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
mykke101

Originally Posted by LookingToBuy
I have a remote starter on my current car and here are the advantages:
  • I can wake up on a cold morning, start my car, shower/get ready, and be out the door into a warm car. Having to go outside first thing in the morning seems like a lot more effort when you first wake up.
  • I live on the third floor of an apartment building, so it's a lot more effort than just walking outside.
  • Given where I live, I would need to walk down, start the car, leave the fob in the car, lock the car with the other fob, go upstairs, etc. (I'm assuming if the fob is taken out of the PTS, it will shut the engine off?)
It's a convenience factor, like most things in life
You do not have to leave the fob in the car. Start the car, lock the doors. The car will just complain that it has no key when you come back (making driving away impossible if you don't have the fob with you when you come back.) Our infiniti's have quite the intelligent system.

Source: Myself every cold Alberta morning ^^
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i have it in my car and it helps a lot in the mornings where the condensation freezes up. plus it turns on the heated seats for me.

and you dont have to shut the car down, ... get in, push the button to ON and drive away
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Chekz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mykke101
You do not have to leave the fob in the car. Start the car, lock the doors. The car will just complain that it has no key when you come back (making driving away impossible if you don't have the fob with you when you come back.) Our infiniti's have quite the intelligent system.

Source: Myself every cold Alberta morning ^^
No so intelligent system....you can drive away without the fob. The thief would not be able to turn the car back on if he or she turns it off but can def drive away. Still i do the same thing you do lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Does the G require to sense the keyfob for it able to start with the remote starter? I bought myself the clifford 5902 just gotta find an installer
Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM
daviper

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
A remote starter is not an issue in the G37, coupe or sedan, as long as it's installed properly. You do not need to lose a key.

Takeover works flawlessly, you unlock the vehicle, open the door, get in, close the door, and hold down the brake for a few seconds, the lights on the push to start button will go to ACC then ON as it senses your key. Once it's lit to ON you can drive away. If the key isn't sensed the car will shut off.

It's not an install I would recommend to a DIY'er as the G37 electrical system is a lot more complicated than your standard Honda's, Toyota's, etc, but an experienced installer can do it without a problem, particularly if they know these cars well.

Last edited by daviper; 12-27-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
LookingToBuy

Originally Posted by daviper
A remote starter is not an issue in the G37, coupe or sedan, as long as it's installed properly. We install them at Toy Motorsports in Marlborough, MA - we've done both models without issue. You do not need to lose a key. We know these cars very well because my personal vehicle is a G37X coupe.

Takeover works flawlessly, you unlock the vehicle, open the door, get in, close the door, and hold down the brake for a few seconds, the lights on the push to start button will go to ACC then ON as it senses your key. Once it's lit to ON you can drive away. If the key isn't sensed the car will shut off.

-Matt
Can you PM me a quote for a 2012 G37 sedan?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 AM
daviper

Originally Posted by LookingToBuy
Can you PM me a quote for a 2012 G37 sedan?
Yes, if anyone else wants to PM me as well I'd be happy to provide quotes, I don't want to violate any forum/sponsorship policies in this thread.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
daviper

Originally Posted by huwee06
Does the G require to sense the keyfob for it able to start with the remote starter? I bought myself the clifford 5902 just gotta find an installer
No, it just requires sensing a key for key takeover (to drive away).
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM
daviper

Originally Posted by Chekz
No so intelligent system....you can drive away without the fob. The thief would not be able to turn the car back on if he or she turns it off but can def drive away. Still i do the same thing you do lol.
If installed properly, no, someone cannot drive away with your car while it's running after it was remote started unless the car senses the key.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by daviper
A remote starter is not an issue in the G37, coupe or sedan, as long as it's installed properly. We install them at Toy Motorsports in Marlborough, MA - we've done both models without issue. You do not need to lose a key. We know these cars very well because my personal vehicle is a G37X coupe.

It's not an install I would recommend to a DIY'er as the G37 electrical system is a lot more complicated than your standard Honda's, Toyota's, etc, but an experienced installer can do it without a problem, particularly if they know these cars well.

-Matt
Matt. Can you recommend an installer in Columbus Ohio ? And what brand do you use and can you use the factory fob like exampled above?
Old 12-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Elohel

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by goparaju
Thanks Itchytoe, I have a auto transmission. I live in minneapolis and I was trying to get to this shop and I have heard good about them. Anyone out here from Minneapolis, might want to share some insights

Sunroofs Etc

Thanks
I'm from Minneapolis as well. I have a friend who does these, but he lives down in Rochester. His prices start at $200 and go up depending on what you want in the key fob and whatnot. It might actually be $250 for our car since it's a push button start, not sure.

Like everyone else in this thread said, it all depends on the installer. Remote starts are kind of tricky to install and can definitely go bad if someone does it poorly.