General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Battery Changed / Window Goes Down ?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Middlefingaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery Changed / Window Goes Down ?!?!?

I have an 08 G37S

I just changed my battery, and now when i shut the car off and open the car door, the window goes down automatically. They dont go back up once i close the door, only if i go back into the car and start it. But then i shut the car off, open the door and they go back down !

The passenger side does the same.

The windows also will not goes all the way up when i hit the button, they only go up as long as im holding it.

Help please !
Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1.Push and Roll down the windows(hold it)
2.Pull and roll up the windows(hold it for 15 seconds in the up position even after window closes. Doesn't hurt if you hold it to long)
Old 12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

"Try to do a window reset."

Originally Posted by jnguyen
Try to do a window reset.

2.Pull and roll up the windows(hold it for 15 seconds in the up position even after window closes. Doesn't hurt if you hold it to long)
I try to give credit where it's due
Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Middlefingaz

Thanks guys... i got it.

Disconnected the Negative side of the battery for 1 minute. Reconnected it and then put the window up, held it for 5 seconds and it worked (so far)

Thanks guys !
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Wicked Sixx

I just had this same problem. I was like WTF is wrong now!!!! why cant anything be easy with this battery change. Thank god for this website ... stupid windows
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
PinMD

Recently purchased a 08 G37 Journey and was having problem with bluetooth and now problem with battery. I only drive the car on the weekends and what I have read from this site is that the battery don't hold it's charge. I have just ordered a Optima Red Top Battery which should arrive in 3 days. I hope that I don't have problems after changing out the battery. What else would anyone suggest?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PinMD
Recently purchased a 08 G37 Journey and was having problem with bluetooth and now problem with battery. I only drive the car on the weekends and what I have read from this site is that the battery don't hold it's charge. I have just ordered a Optima Red Top Battery which should arrive in 3 days. I hope that I don't have problems after changing out the battery. What else would anyone suggest?
Have a vehicle jump start battery in your garage for when you do drive it, or unplug the battery before you let it sit for a long period of time so it doesn't drain it.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
+1
what he said.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked Sixx
I just had this same problem. I was like WTF is wrong now!!!! why cant anything be easy with this battery change. Thank god for this website ... stupid windows
x2 except, not stupid windows, stupid electronics. This is probably in the manual somewhere but I'm too lazy to look, especially since the "press and hold" method worked for me.

On a side note, when I just did mine I discovered that you can only do one window at a time. If you try to do both (at least for me) the driver's side window would not roll back up at all until I opened and closed the door again.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
kkkkken

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did a search for what to do AFTER reconnecting a battery - and came up pretty empty.

I'm going to disconnect the negative cable when I do the seat thigh bolster mod (to remove the seat from the car) and wondered what other resets might be in store for me?

These come to mind: radio presets, window reset, auto lock presets, NAvi suystem?

09 G37S 6 Mt.

thanks in advance!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
ancster

I had to complete the window reset after changing the battery, but the radio presets were still in the system.
I don't have the Nav system, so I'm not sure if that needs to be reset.

Cheers,
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Mad Nash G

Hello. I thought I would post here rather than create another post. I purchased a used 2010 coupe that experienced the window issue after the battery died. After seeing this thread I was able to correct the drivers side window like a charm. However, the passenger window is still giving me fits. When I start rolling the window up for 15 sec it stops half way up. The auto down works fine now, but not the auto up. Even worse, when I open the passenger door, both windows drop the quarter inch, but when I shut passenger door, only the driver side goes back up. If I open and close again, the passenger window continues to drop a quarter inch but stays there after closing. Any thoughts?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Nash G
Hello. I thought I would post here rather than create another post. I purchased a used 2010 coupe that experienced the window issue after the battery died. After seeing this thread I was able to correct the drivers side window like a charm. However, the passenger window is still giving me fits. When I start rolling the window up for 15 sec it stops half way up. The auto down works fine now, but not the auto up. Even worse, when I open the passenger door, both windows drop the quarter inch, but when I shut passenger door, only the driver side goes back up. If I open and close again, the passenger window continues to drop a quarter inch but stays there after closing. Any thoughts?
That sounds a bit different than a normal reset. I imagine that you've tried to reset the passenger side window again already. If so, the only other thing that I can think of is re-disconnecting your battery and starting over with the window reset (one at a time). If that does not work then, unfortunately you may have to take it to the dealership. Good luck, and post back with your results. Perhaps it'll help someone else in the future.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
tech7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mad Nash G
Make sure you do it with the door closed
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Mad Nash G

I tried unplugging the battery and with doors closed, no luck. It is like there is a wiring issue. Opening the passenger door should not be causing both windows to drop. At least it did not in my g35. Weird

On a good note, I got my vossens mounted today.

Quick Reply: Battery Changed / Window Goes Down ?!?!?