General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Install Grounding Wires or not on 2011 coupe ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:08 PM
smashhell

Install Grounding Wires or not on 2011 coupe ?

So I just brought a brand new 2011 G37 coupe and I am thinking about
installing the Betty's Garage Grounding Wires here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...tallation.html

Since, it is supposely going to make the G37 alot more responsive.
However, I heard stories of how it can mess up your car's battery.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to install it on a brand new 2011 G37 coupe ? Or should I wait till the car is more break in and stuff ?

Thanks alot !
Old 11-27-2010 | 08:01 PM
ScottyBeGood

Personally, I think Infiniti should buy the design rights from Black Betty and have them installed into production. I would go ahead and install them.
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:45 AM
smashhell

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Personally, I think Infiniti should buy the design rights from Black Betty and have them installed into production. I would go ahead and install them.
It's really that good ?

How about the battery problem ?
Old 11-28-2010 | 12:41 PM
Dieseldoug22

You should get it, but make the first connection to where the stock battery cable connects to the body.
Old 12-19-2010 | 10:39 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
You should get it, but make the first connection to where the stock battery cable connects to the body.
Will this help prevent the supposed battery issue?
Old 12-21-2010 | 12:18 PM
sportsdude512

what do you mean by 'where the stock battery cable connects to the body' as apposed to where? thanks
Old 12-21-2010 | 12:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Guys I can tell you with complete certainty that there aren't any "battery issues" associated with grounding wires. Some people have had battery issues with their cars since they rolled off the lot, it's not connected to my grounding wires and factory grounding issues aren't the cause either, it's unrelated to grounding.

I had the battery problem on my 08 coupe since it was new. I still had the problem after installing grounding my wires. I removed them to be sure that they weren't the problem. The problem persisted. The TSB came out and I had it performed. No more battery problems. I reinstalled my grounding wires. The problem is still gone with the wires.

Grounding wires, mine or others, are NOT causing battery problems. A couple of people may think it is but it isn't. There are hundreds of users who have experienced no issues whatsoever and a couple who have. Their problems aren't grounding wire related.
Old 12-21-2010 | 12:47 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

I had the battery issue and don't have a grounding kit.

I say get them, especially if you're an Automatic!
Old 12-23-2010 | 01:41 PM
smashhell

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Guys I can tell you with complete certainty that there aren't any "battery issues" associated with grounding wires. Some people have had battery issues with their cars since they rolled off the lot, it's not connected to my grounding wires and factory grounding issues aren't the cause either, it's unrelated to grounding.

I had the battery problem on my 08 coupe since it was new. I still had the problem after installing grounding my wires. I removed them to be sure that they weren't the problem. The problem persisted. The TSB came out and I had it performed. No more battery problems. I reinstalled my grounding wires. The problem is still gone with the wires.

Grounding wires, mine or others, are NOT causing battery problems. A couple of people may think it is but it isn't. There are hundreds of users who have experienced no issues whatsoever and a couple who have. Their problems aren't grounding wire related.
Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
I had the battery issue and don't have a grounding kit.

I say get them, especially if you're an Automatic!
Ok thats a relieve, since I was kinda afraid with all the complaint and stuff in the other thread. But yeah, I will get the grounding wires for my car as soon as I can.