General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Extended Warranty Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
mhaynes22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting- I bought my car from Infiniti of Nashua and they wouldn't go below the MSRP of over $3k for the extended warranty. I guess I'll send them an email mentioning this price...

Also, I just checked out the infinitiwarranty.com website- they couldn't possibly make it easier to buy this. $2,130 for the 96/120k coverage with no deductible and you can finance it over 18 months. Although there's a $155 fee for the financing, so I wouldn't consider it interest free...

To me this seems like a no brainer and I'll definitely be doing it before I hit the 6k mark - I can only imagine what the cost might be to replace some of these electrical parts in 7 years. Thanks a lot for the link to the website.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Couple of other things:

1. If you sell your car or God forbid total it before your Elite extended warranty expires, you can cancel your extended warranty and get a refund for the unused portion. I just did this on my old 2004 G35 sedan. I'm getting back $750 for the last 2 years of coverage I did not use. Takes about 6 weeks to process the refund.

2. You can transfer your Elite extended warranty to someone who buys your car for a small fee.

3. KEEP RECORDS. My old Elite extended warranty booklet (on the 2004 G35 sedan) says:

"You are responsible for properly using, maintaining and caring for your vehicle as outlined in your owner's manual. Evidence of the performance of the required maintenance must be kept and may need to be presented as proof of such maintenance. FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUCH EVIDENCE, OR FAILURE TO PROPERLY MAINTAIN THE VEHICLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OWNERS' MANUAL, MAY DISQUALIFY YOU FROM COVERAGE."

So don't go spend a couple of dimes on an Elite extended warranty and then fail to keep proper records.

Last edited by CougarRed; 06-09-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mhaynes22
Interesting- I bought my car from Infiniti of Nashua and they wouldn't go below the MSRP of over $3k for the extended warranty. I guess I'll send them an email mentioning this price...
I bought my car there last year and had no problem getting them to match the best competing price I received from another dealer that was selling nationwide online (Circle Infiniti). I believe I paid $1600 for the 7/100 warranty with $50 deductible. Even with no deductible it was under $2K. I'm surprised they would stick to such an unreasonable high price.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by CougarRed
3. KEEP RECORDS. My old Elite extended warranty booklet (on the 2004 G35 sedan) says:

"You are responsible for properly using, maintaining and caring for your vehicle as outlined in your owner's manual. Evidence of the performance of the required maintenance must be kept and may need to be presented as proof of such maintenance. FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUCH EVIDENCE, OR FAILURE TO PROPERLY MAINTAIN THE VEHICLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OWNERS' MANUAL, MAY DISQUALIFY YOU FROM COVERAGE."
Well, yeah, same goes for the factory warranty.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:39 AM
BillPaul

Is this warranty a true Infiniti factory warranty?

Originally Posted by mhaynes22
Also, I just checked out the infinitiwarranty.com website- they couldn't possibly make it easier to buy this. $2,130 for the 96/120k coverage with no deductible and you can finance it over 18 months. Although there's a $155 fee for the financing, so I wouldn't consider it interest free...
The prices at infinitiwarranty.com look good. However, how do we know the warranty is by Infiniti itself and not some private contractor. I would think that with the use of the Infiniti name, it must be Infiniti itself, but I would like to be sure. Independent companies that provide extended warranties have often failed in the past.

Note also that the warranty information (length of plan) is different (only 7 years) when accessed directly from the Infiniti website:
Infiniti Ownership | Extended Warranty Protection Plan | Infiniti USA

Last edited by BillPaul; 06-10-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
CougarRed

Originally Posted by BillPaul
The prices at infinitiwarranty.com look good. However, how do we know the warranty is by Infiniti itself and some private contractor.
Infinitiwarranty.com is a website set up by the Scottsdale, Arizona Infiniti dealership to sell Infiniti Elite extended warranties and Infiniti Elite maintenance plans.

I've contacted them. They are selling Infiniti financial products that are good at any Infiniti dealership. But don't take my word. Contact them directly if you have any questions or doubts.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CougarRed
Infinitiwarranty.com is a website set up by the Scottsdale, Arizona Infiniti dealership to sell Infiniti Elite extended warranties and Infiniti Elite maintenance plans.

I've contacted them. They are selling Infiniti financial products that are good at any Infiniti dealership. But don't take my word. Contact them directly if you have any questions or doubts.
Same thing with Circle Infiniti in NJ who sells warranties via their website: Circle Infiniti Elite Warranties | Nationwide Infinity Extended Protection Plans

Typically they can offer lower prices by selling high volume contracts nationwide, and I believe they get benefits from the company by doing so. You can usually find similar dealers for any manufacturer.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
BillPaul

Thank you for all your help, especially CougarRed.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
PascalT

When i bought the car i took the warranty extension deal they offered me. It was around 2k for 4 yrs more (or 100,000 km). To me it's a no-brainer.. If anything breaks within those 4 yrs it'll likely cost more than 2k. And if I don't use the warranty they will refund me the whole thing back 100%.

the only regret i have is that i didn't negotiate on the price. I negotiated a sweet deal on the car and then 10 mins later i threw away some of the savings to warranty because i was so excited
Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
CougarRed

Originally Posted by PascalT
And if I don't use the warranty they will refund me the whole thing back 100%.
Huh? Explain, please.