General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Replaced infiniti battery with redtop

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced infiniti battery with redtop

Hi All,

Due to my battery dying on my 08 coupe i replaced it with a redtop. This was before the TSB came out for the battery issue. Just wondering what my best options are since I now have a redtop and the old drained oem battery

G37 purchased 2008 Sept

1) Bring old battery back and ask to get a new one and pay pro-rated fees. Will they give me the updated one or even do anything since the stock battery is already out?

2) Ask to see if i can get the TSB done even though the red top battery is installed so i can get the new BCM or valve thing.

3) Just chuck away the old battery because it's pretty much useless now and even if i pay to get a new battery (prorated) the new battery charge will probably die after I need a new battery

Thx!!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:52 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kkokko
Hi All,

Due to my battery dying on my 08 coupe i replaced it with a redtop. This was before the TSB came out for the battery issue. Just wondering what my best options are since I now have a redtop and the old drained oem battery

G37 purchased 2008 Sept

1) Bring old battery back and ask to get a new one and pay pro-rated fees. Will they give me the updated one or even do anything since the stock battery is already out?

2) Ask to see if i can get the TSB done even though the red top battery is installed so i can get the new BCM or valve thing.

3) Just chuck away the old battery because it's pretty much useless now and even if i pay to get a new battery (prorated) the new battery charge will probably die after I need a new battery

Thx!!
Never hurts to ask them to check and see if you have a faulty component referenced in a TSB, but I would never swap out the Red Top, it's far superior to anything Nissan will give you.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:54 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok thanks! if they agree to swap the drained oem battery + prorated should i bother doing it?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:23 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't, Autozone I beleive gives you a bit of a discount if you buy a battery there and give them your old battery. They'll also take one off your hands for free and dispose of it properly for you.