General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Outside Chime When Locking (not horn)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Covale

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Outside Chime When Locking (not horn)

New G37 Sedan owner here, and I have been really trying to read through the book when I have burning questions, but this isn't something the book lists as a possibility.

On page 3-17 of the 2009 G37 Owner's Manual, they state the possible configurations are as follows when locking the vehicle:
Hazard indicator and horn mode: Using the key, the horn blasts once. Using the door handle button, the outside chime chirps twice.
Hazard indicator mode: No horn blasts or outside chimes at all.

What I would like is the outside chime to chirp when locking with the remote as well as the door handle button. If anyone knows of a way to achieve this, please let me know, even if there is a mod to achieve this.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:59 PM
ultraman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I know the answer too... the only solution I know for now is KP Technologies from KPtech. I think if anyone who figure out the wiring, we don't have to buy and parts or maybe just relay.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Covale

Thanks for the reply! I was beginning to think that nobody else preferred the beeping to the horn honk - walking away from your beautiful Infiniti and making it HONK when you lock the doors just makes it feel like you are walking away from any car Chevy or Dodge makes.

BTW, has anyone installed the Electronic Beep Module sold by KP Technologies? I was really just wondering what it sounds like. I never owned a Lexus, so I don't know what they sound like. I'd also like to know if it was a difficult install.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 PM
brad126

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bringing this back because I was wondering as well. Anyone know how to make it chime when locking the doors instead of blow the horn?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, hate the horn so I usually lock my car with the handle button.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Covale

That is what I did as well. I did figure something out, however - though I am not sure what potential harm can come from it. On the passenger side of the engine, near the firewall, there is a relay block. Here is where you can find the horn relay. By pulling this relay, you will severely mitigate the decibel level of the horn.

I would still be interested in any solution someone else might have. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Maybe someone will figure out a creative way to achieve what we want.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
fashionrider712

also wondering how this would be accomplished. was thinking of switching the sirens... lol... but then it may only do the outside chime when alarm is activated... idk
Old 08-13-2011, 03:30 AM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

bump

Anyone?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
RX Law

Thumbs down POS Horn

Picked up my infiniti a week or so back. I can not believe that it does not chirp from the key lock. A horn beep... really ?? wtf were they thinking. This should not be a thread because it should not be an issue on a Lux car. 42K MSRP and it blows the horn as if it were announcing "im a cheap POS". First time locking with the key i was walking away with my back to the car, and casually press lock - HONK. I stop dead in my tracks, my brother to my right looks to me, also frozen in place. I turn around expecting to see some 30yr old washed out Ska punk rock band drummer getting into his Ford Rabbit after a big $50 night at liquor-mart. I prayed that it was a coincidence, but the precision haunted me. My brother had more confidence, not having pressed the button. He drives an Audi, and I used to drive an Acura. Both play by the laws of physics - and chrip when locked. We turn to see nothing by my brand new G37, polished as could be. He snickers - " did that thing just honk when you locked it." how quickly it lost respect. He was just raving about it after his first ride. Horified, I point the remote at the car and slowly depress the lock button as if I was defusing a bomb, unconfident about the wire im about to snip. BOOM.

Someone PLEASE tell me Infiniti has a way to defuse this horn and make it chirp. dealer can plug something in and reprogram?? I am following up with my dealer now. Will report back.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:31 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
While I do prefer the beep, this is kind of silly.

You can turn the horn off when locking and just make it flash.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:49 AM
RX Law

Originally Posted by cruzmisl

Common dont take me too serious now. Would be nice though. Asked dealer, they dont know of a way.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:37 PM
VinnysInfiniti

Originally Posted by cruzmisl

Does this get rid of the chirp when you lock from the door handle ??
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 AM
pdarby

Horn honk when locking

Not sure if this is the same as you guys are talking about, but my 08-37 stopped beeping when I locked the door. The service adviser said just hold the lock and unlock button on the key fob together for about 5 sec. I worked, everything back to normal. Another question I have is, on a recent road trip twice while I was doing about 40 and wanted to pass someone I depressed the acc pedal, it downshifted and reved to about 7K and sounded like a slipping clutch with no acceleration. I have an Auto. Not sure if its a torgue converter problem or a electonic gas pedal problem. Anyone?