General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help check engine + dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 AM
jc562

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check engine + dealer

ok i want to take my car into the dealership soon and i have a CEL from my hfc. I wanted to know if they would give me a hard time for that

the reason im going in is because it sounds like alot of air is leaking through my passenger window when im driving on the freeway. also i have a nail in each of my rear tires and i wanted to get them replaced with my tire protection. is there a limit on the times you can use your tire protection because i had a tire replaced with the tire protection due to a nail a while back. i also just lowered my car today on eibach and i doubt they would blame the nails on the springs but i just want to see if someone can confirm that.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
The CEL has nothing to do with the repairs you want done. They shouldn't give you a problem for it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jc562
ok i want to take my car into the dealership soon and i have a CEL from my hfc. I wanted to know if they would give me a hard time for that

the reason im going in is because it sounds like alot of air is leaking through my passenger window when im driving on the freeway. also i have a nail in each of my rear tires and i wanted to get them replaced with my tire protection. is there a limit on the times you can use your tire protection because i had a tire replaced with the tire protection due to a nail a while back. i also just lowered my car today on eibach and i doubt they would blame the nails on the springs but i just want to see if someone can confirm that.
You're fine man. Being lowered has nothing to do with having bad luck of running over nails on the road, especially if you live near some kind of construction area. Also, tire protection is just for that reason, so they can't give you a hard time when you paid a premium price for an add-on package that usually is pure profit for the company. Also, the passenger window air leak should be addressed with no problem.

As far as the CEL light from your HFC's, it seems like different service depts are wishy-washy.....some are mod friendly, some are "it's either stock or you're screwed". Keep us posted on your repairs!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you clarify the tire replacement? Tire Road Hazard covers tire repairs or replacement. It will only be replaced if the nail compromises the sidewall of the tire, otherwise it's patched from the inside. This is included with most of Infiniti's service plans. I would assume the Tire Package which covers replacement of wheels and tires due to damage would also cover repair of the tire and only replace if not repairable. Are they replacing the tire regardless of whether it can be repaired?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
jc562

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
As far as the CEL light from your HFC's, it seems like different service depts are wishy-washy.....some are mod friendly, some are "it's either stock or you're screwed". Keep us posted on your repairs!
say i take it to a dealer and they wont work on it because of the CEL would i be able to take it to a different dealer or would there be a note in there computer sayin my warranty is voided or something
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 PM
jc562

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
Can you clarify the tire replacement? Tire Road Hazard covers tire repairs or replacement. It will only be replaced if the nail compromises the sidewall of the tire, otherwise it's patched from the inside. This is included with most of Infiniti's service plans. I would assume the Tire Package which covers replacement of wheels and tires due to damage would also cover repair of the tire and only replace if not repairable. Are they replacing the tire regardless of whether it can be repaired?
i am not sure where the nail was the first time. i just took it in to them and told them that my tire kept losing pressure. they took it in and looked at it and found a nail in the tire and said they were ordering a new one for me. the invoice was 400+ but my cost was 0 with the tire protection.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well they will need to diagnose the problem with the CEL. If it's not due to your HFCs then likely they can't blame it on them. You'll just have to have them run diagnostics on your car and see where the CEL is coming from first. If it IS because of the HFC, you'll have to pay out of pocket for it instead of it being warranty work. Then again, some service depts are mod-friendly and might work with you on it. Good luck bro!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
jc562

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Well they will need to diagnose the problem with the CEL. If it's not due to your HFCs then likely they can't blame it on them. You'll just have to have them run diagnostics on your car and see where the CEL is coming from first. If it IS because of the HFC, you'll have to pay out of pocket for it instead of it being warranty work. Then again, some service depts are mod-friendly and might work with you on it. Good luck bro!
im pretty sure its from the hfc. so even doh im goin in to have my window checked and my tires fixed id still have to pay since i have a CEL from my hfc?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
jc562

imma try to reset my ecu b4 i take it in hopefully the CEL stays off long enough