General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Dealership Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:56 PM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Treatment

Question for anyone who currently works at an Infiniti dealership: If a customer buys an Infiniti from a reputable dealership who treats him well, and then is forced to move, is it common practice for him to be treated differently at the dealership in his new location? I feel like I'm being looked down upon and treated poorly because I didn't purchase my car at my current dealership.

More than once I've been told, "If you had bought your car here we could do that..." Is there anything I can do, short of dropping $10K to trade in my 6-month old G37 for a brand new G37, to get treated the same as someone who bought their car at this dealership? Any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
pdroth

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
Question for anyone who currently works at an Infiniti dealership: If a customer buys an Infiniti from a reputable dealership who treats him well, and then is forced to move, is it common practice for him to be treated differently at the dealership in his new location? I feel like I'm being looked down upon and treated poorly because I didn't purchase my car at my current dealership.

More than once I've been told, "If you had bought your car here we could do that..." Is there anything I can do, short of dropping $10K to trade in my 6-month old G37 for a brand new G37, to get treated the same as someone who bought their car at this dealership? Any suggestions?

I used to work at a Ford dealership so I can tell you that in those circumstances you should contact the owner/general mgr of the dealer and introduce yourself as a new resident to the area. Mention you would like to establish a service relationship with the dealer until you plan your next purchase. Exchange business cards, etc.

Personally - I've been unhappy with the dealer I bought my Infiniti from and have been getting excellent service at another despite not buying my car there. I work in their neighborhood and they have never questioned why I don't return to my original dealer of purchase.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
w0ady

thats crap. how old are you btw? you should ask to speak with a manager and bring this to their attention. let them know if they continue, you will report it in your next survey then give them a chance to correct their behavior. theres absolutely no reason for it and all you're doing is being honest.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
AndrewDDS

I'm an old-looking 28, but I thought the D-R in front of my name might prevent me from being treated like a kid. Anyway, the dealership actually offered to pick me up and drop me off this time, so perhaps I'm creating a bit of a relationship with them and they're more willing to treat me better. Hopefully my first few experiences were just bad examples and things will be a bit better from now on!!

PS: What survey are you referring to? I took my car in twice for service now, but never got any sort of survey. Do I have to ask for one?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

You will always get a survey in the mail or a phone call or both. That's odd.

Service is always very nervous about getting nothing but all 5's or excellent marks on the survey.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
w0ady

helping them place a face to your name cant hurt your service. usually they send them out or call. you can call infiniti consumer affairs and file 1 on your own - you can even choose to have them withhold your name from the dealership. however, id say use this as a last resort as a bad survey is pretty damaging to a dealer.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
honestly, we do give loaner cars first basis to our own customers b/c they bought from us but you should never be looked down upon b/c you didn't purchase your car at the same dealership. It's also nice to keep everything at the dealership of your choice but it's all about business relationships.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
yacoub

Originally Posted by pdroth
I used to work at a Ford dealership so I can tell you that in those circumstances you should contact the owner/general mgr of the dealer and introduce yourself as a new resident to the area. Mention you would like to establish a service relationship with the dealer until you plan your next purchase. Exchange business cards, etc.

Personally - I've been unhappy with the dealer I bought my Infiniti from and have been getting excellent service at another despite not buying my car there. I work in their neighborhood and they have never questioned why I don't return to my original dealer of purchase.
yeah generally speaking, dealerships make the most profit through their service department so they are more than happy to service cars you didn't buy there.