General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Climate Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it better to just aim the vents away from myself and leave it around 77.

The problem is it's probably 100 in the car when it's 90 outside, so it initially blasts cold air when on auto to get the internal temp down to whatever you set it to. If you have it directly pointing at you it's pretty uncomfortable during this period. The indirect air is much better for this. But after a few minutes the car's internal temperature gets lowered to your setting, so the machine will calm down and then the air maintains a more constant temp using lower fan speeds.

I guess compare it to your home's central air. You set the thermostat to what you want and the system does what it needs to get the temp down to your setting. If you're in the middle of the room this works out OK, but if you stand right in front of the vent it's probably much too cold for your liking.

Or you can just disable the auto mode and turn the fan speed down manually.

But I agree, sometimes I think I liked my last car better with the old style controls where you just set it to heating or cooling and manually set the fan speed. With this system I have to do more thinking about it -- reading the outdoor temperature and calculating what I should set the temp at to get what I want.