General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

EVAP system leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008 | 01:56 PM
volnedan

EVAP system leak?

Hi guys, just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem on their G37:

First time I needed oil change, my "Service Engine Soon" light came on the morning of my appointment at the dealership. Luckily they root caused the issue during the time it was in, and they had to replace a valve in the EVAP system. No further issues. This was about a month ago.

Last week the same light goes on Monday night, and I take it to dealership to check it out Wednesday morning. They had it all day, and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Picked it up about 5PM after work. Went home, then to gym, and when I left the gym at about 10PM the light came back on.

So I take it back to the dealership on Thursday and they investigate some more. First they ordered the same valve they replaced before, but that did not correct the problem. Service guy told me they did smoke test to check for any other leaks, but nothing came up.

Its now Monday and they still have the car for testing. He called today to tell me they orderd a EVAP control valve (different than first valve) and hope that this will fix the issue. However, it wont be in until Wednesday.

Good news is I still have a G35x loaner vehicle, which is pretty nice. Some reason it feels quicker than the coupe. Maybe its just the aggressive throttle.

Bad news is, I won't have my car for a week and chances are they still won't know whats wrong with it. Has anyone else heard of this issue with the EVAP system?
Old 07-02-2008 | 03:32 PM
KahnQuistador

Did they say what the error code was?