G37 Sedan

Tilted Spindles

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 09:10 AM
Maz.VQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tilted Spindles

I have a 2012 G37x Sedan and am looking for tilted spindles and everything thing I find is RWD specific, I assumed the spindles were the same rwd to awd if anyone can let me know that would be really helpful!! Thank you in advance.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:15 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 735 Likes on 572 Posts
Yes they will all be the same spindles. Beware that for AWD you might not be able to get away with that much negative camber as you would in a RWD.
With AWD the axle will limit how much camber you'll be able to run. You will also suffer from a never engine axle vibration, usually upon acceleration from the crazy angle the axle will be in.
You will kill your axles prematurely over time to make sure you keep a few rags to clean all of the grease you'll be slinging when your axle boots rip.
You might need to buy an actual axle spacer for the differential side being that lowered and cambered in will pull the axle out a bit almost always ripping the boot.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:26 AM
Maz.VQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
Yes they will all be the same spindles. Beware that for AWD you might not be able to get away with that much negative camber as you would in a RWD.
With AWD the axle will limit how much camber you'll be able to run. You will also suffer from a never engine axle vibration, usually upon acceleration from the crazy angle the axle will be in.
You will kill your axles prematurely over time to make sure you keep a few rags to clean all of the grease you'll be slinging when your axle boots rip.
You might need to buy an actual axle spacer for the differential side being that lowered and cambered in will pull the axle out a bit almost always ripping the boot.
I was planning on going -10 or so all around, is that way to much for the axle? If it is cant I either do a rwd conversion or can i even extend the axle so there is less stress on it? (throwing shots in the dark with that one ik lol)
Old 10-13-2023, 12:07 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 735 Likes on 572 Posts
My apologies but I just dont support that style.

Why?

Because you are already here. This means you'll come back here when you hit a weird problem induced by these camber angles. These angles will slowly start to kill bushings, axles and wheel bearings leading to more issues down the road which nobody has info on how to fix them permanently.
The main advice will be to revert back to "stock like" angles which goes against your vision. Your are willing to convert an AWD car to RWD and willing to live with an annoying AWD service light and destroy a lot of your suspension for the sake of looks.

This will mean that we will waste a lot of time giving free advice that will not be followed.

I get the trying to be different. I get that while rolling or hard parked there is a bit of "coolness" to it, etc.

I have been through some hells with these suspensions to tell you a lot of bushings and arms are meant for comfort, some of these arms just dont go bad at average lowered height but it's those on bags, static stanced blowing them and race cars replacing them solid that have learned about how much comfort is lost after blowing them or replacing solid or solid like.

If you have not gotten some hate for it already, you will and finding answers through all of that will be fun. I dont know anything about you but from what you have posted already it seems like you're willing to throw yourself blindly at this type of lifestyle.

If you have an extra $5k that you're willing to spend on the stupid hassles these angles create I'd say go for it. If you do not and are reliant on the internet to diagnose these issues for you get ready to go broke quickly and ruin your car.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Maz.VQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
My apologies but I just dont support that style.

Why?

Because you are already here. This means you'll come back here when you hit a weird problem induced by these camber angles. These angles will slowly start to kill bushings, axles and wheel bearings leading to more issues down the road which nobody has info on how to fix them permanently.
The main advice will be to revert back to "stock like" angles which goes against your vision. Your are willing to convert an AWD car to RWD and willing to live with an annoying AWD service light and destroy a lot of your suspension for the sake of looks.

This will mean that we will waste a lot of time giving free advice that will not be followed.

I get the trying to be different. I get that while rolling or hard parked there is a bit of "coolness" to it, etc.

I have been through some hells with these suspensions to tell you a lot of bushings and arms are meant for comfort, some of these arms just dont go bad at average lowered height but it's those on bags, static stanced blowing them and race cars replacing them solid that have learned about how much comfort is lost after blowing them or replacing solid or solid like.

If you have not gotten some hate for it already, you will and finding answers through all of that will be fun. I dont know anything about you but from what you have posted already it seems like you're willing to throw yourself blindly at this type of lifestyle.

If you have an extra $5k that you're willing to spend on the stupid hassles these angles create I'd say go for it. If you do not and are reliant on the internet to diagnose these issues for you get ready to go broke quickly and ruin your car.

Good luck!
Yea thats fair ik its not for everyone and obviously its bad for the car, i’m going for a comfortable ride i’m going for stance. I dont care if i get hate it doesn’t bother me what other ppl have to say about my car. Thanks for the help, and yes i’ll definitely be back when I break this car 100x and still i’ll do it again and again bec its fun!
Good Luck
Old 07-22-2024, 01:40 PM
Awdsucks
Registered Member

Spindles/awd

Originally Posted by Maz.VQ
I have a 2012 G37x Sedan and am looking for tilted spindles and everything thing I find is RWD specific, I assumed the spindles were the same rwd to awd if anyone can let me know that would be really helpful!! Thank you in advance.
hey bro do you have an instagram or soemthing I can contact you on other than this? I’m trying to go excessive camber on my awd but it’s like impossible I can’t nothing 😂