G37 Sedan

Acceleration problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 05:01 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Acceleration problems

I will upload the images right after this is posted. A year ago I sprayed and of course let my maf sensors dry, but after doing so my car would freak out immensely and refuse to drive or "slip" without pulling codes, then after driving for a while it's back to normal but on and off on the lack of acceleration or as the car finally told me today, it haulted when trying to drive and give more speed (I was at a stop sign and as I gave it some gas it acted up) I also noticed when this happens that my fuel trims get lower (the lowest was at idle at 68% long term bank 1 one time) or sometimes slightly over 110% short term, this time it acted up for both in long and short term + the ignition timing went to -7 degrees. The way the car acted up from it this time has made me very cofident that spraying and letting my maf sensors dry vs getting a dealer to clean them was an extremely expisve mistake! Thankfully I got them on sale for only $62 each. However I am still debating while the parts are on the way whether to install them or not, I'm open to thoughts! Other than when it randomly decides to act up, it will act up randomly and for a unkown amount of time before going back to normal! Other than that no place can pinpoint the problem because it likes to act completely normal unless I drive or whatever!
Old 08-31-2023, 05:13 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Left side is MINIMUM, Middle is CURRENT and the right side is MAXIMUM