G37 press brake to start not displaying

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 09:21 AM
dresh09
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 press brake to start not displaying

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I need your help, This is my very first time making a post on a thread, I bought a 2010 G37x sedan that has 49k kilometers on it.
The car came with a BCM problem I replaced the BCM and the steering control module, and I programmed a new key but the steering module
is not responding However the car cranks and starts but the keyless push to start doesn't work as the "key not found" icon still shows on the dashboard I have to
slot in the key to the key slot for it to work. The car was working fine until a few days later when I tried starting the car the usual way... the car goes from LOCK to ACC to ON
The whole instrumental panels work fine except the icon for "press brake to start" doesn't show in the mini-LED If I try starting the car nothing happens.
I have checked all fuse and relays all seem to be okay, I jumped the ignition from the IPDM and it started but it won't start from the push start, and the press brake to start Icon
is not showing on the mini LED. I tried a new BCM I tried programming the key but I got an error both old BCM, the BCM that currently starts the car and new BCM all of which
just show a fail in the diagnostic tool... I can't take it to a dealer because there's no Nissan Dealership in my country so the internet right now is my only way oiut.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:35 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Before I get into a bunch of "maybe this or that," I have two (2) questions:

1) Why did you replace the steering lock and does the wheel lock/ unlock as normal?
2) What happens when you place the fob into the slot?
The following users liked this post:
dresh09 (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 03:25 PM
dresh09
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Before I get into a bunch of "maybe this or that," I have two (2) questions:

1) Why did you replace the steering lock and does the wheel lock/ unlock as normal?
2) What happens when you place the fob into the slot?
1) The reason I replaced the steering lock was, the that car wouldn't turn on... So I replaced the BCM and reprogrammed a new key, tried to start it but it didn't come on so I replaced the steering lock and it worked... and no, it doesn't lock and unlock but the car starts.

2) the key is partially recognized, while I can turn the car on and off when the key is inserted into the key slot and the buttons do work and respond the key sign is still on the dashboard at the rpm side... Also, the car won't come on except when I put the key in the slot
Old 08-27-2023, 04:21 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

What tool did you use to program the keys? Remember, there are two (2) separate codes for the fob: RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) and IVIS (Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System). Did both get programmed correctly? Did you check for any codes?

Being you replaced the BCM, are you confident it was configured correctly? There is a option in the BCM to set "ENGNE START BY iKEY" to ON/OFF. Confirm this setting is set to ON.

Being that the engine starts ONLY with the fob in the slot usually points to the fob, antenna, or coding issue. Of course, with the KEY WARNING LIGHT it could also point to the ESCL. Was the replacement new or used?
Old 08-27-2023, 04:36 PM
dresh09
Registered Member

What tool did you use to program the keys? Remember, there are two (2) separate codes for the fob: RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) and IVIS (Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System). Did both get programmed correctly? Did you check for any codes?

Being you replaced the BCM, are you confident it was configured correctly? There is a option in the BCM to set "ENGNE START BY iKEY" to ON/OFF. Confirm this setting is set to ON.

Being that the engine starts ONLY with the fob in the slot usually points to the fob, antenna, or coding issue. Of course, with the KEY WARNING LIGHT it could also point to the ESCL. Was the replacement new or used?
I did not know there were two separate programing for the key, I used a tool that was given to me by a friend, I have a consult 3 plus but I had lost the connector so I used his tool... which is a small handheld device with limited functions... as of right now I cannot remember the name of the device, the ESCL was a used one not a new one.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:17 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

If you can lock/ unlock the doors and open the trunk with the fob then the RKE code is good.

The issue points to either the fob, antenna, or ESCL. I hate to say it, but I think you still have a issue with the ESCL. It is possible that it has failed in the partially "unlocked" position. This is why the car is able to start. Being that the steering wheel does not lock/ unlock affirms this possibility. You can try lightly tapping on the module to see if the light clears. If it does, PULL THE FUSE! However, without being able to read for any codes (non-OBD) it will be difficult to diagnose.

Perhaps others will have better ideas, but that is how I am reading the problem.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 08-27-2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:34 AM
dresh09
Registered Member

If you can lock/ unlock the doors and open the trunk with the fob then the RKE code is good.

The issue points to either the fob, antenna, or ESCL. I hate to say it, but I think you still have a issue with the ESCL. It is possible that it has failed in the partially "unlocked" position. This is why the car is able to start. Being that the steering wheel does not lock/ unlock affirms this possibility. You can try lightly tapping on the module to see if the light clears. If it does, PULL THE FUSE! However, without being able to read for any codes (non-OBD) it will be difficult to diagnose.

Perhaps others will have better ideas, but that is how I am reading the problem.
Thanks for your contribution, I went back to the car and pay close observation it turns out the wiring harness on the BCM is broken inside so I re-soldered the harness and the car worked. Once again thanks for your time