G37 Sedan

Volume controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 11:03 AM
Aguwah
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volume controls not working

Infiniti G37x Bose speaker system with nav.

When I try to control the volume for my speakers the volume bar does not appear and the speakers produce more sound. For a while my Bluetooth was not working and I read on a forum that I should do a reset in the Diagnostic menu which then made it worse and now none of the speakers work. Does anyone know the fix for this?

I called the Infiniti dealer and they want to charge me 100$ just to get it looked at even if they can't fix the problem.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:27 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
If you clicked either/ both of these:

then the dealer is your ONLY option.

NEVER! select the options to "Initialize" the AV system. Doing so WILL ERASE the entire configuration file rendering the AV headunit "dead." The AV system needs to be reconfigured which can only be done by a dealership or qualified mechanic who has the CONSULT3 tool.

Whether your initial issue was hardware or software related does not matter at this point. Until the unit is reconfigured it is dead in the water.

Might be cheaper to just buy a used headunit off eBay and swap that in (as long as the donor matches your car).
Old 05-21-2023, 05:48 PM
Aguwah
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
If you clicked either/ both of these:

then the dealer is your ONLY option.

NEVER! select the options to "Initialize" the AV system. Doing so WILL ERASE the entire configuration file rendering the AV headunit "dead." The AV system needs to be reconfigured which can only be done by a dealership or qualified mechanic who has the CONSULT3 tool.

Whether your initial issue was hardware or software related does not matter at this point. Until the unit is reconfigured it is dead in the water.

Might be cheaper to just buy a used headunit off eBay and swap that in (as long as the donor matches your car).
Thank you for the response. I kinda figured that would be the case. And I definitely did hit those buttons unfortunately. Hopefully I can get a dealer to look into it.