G37 Sedan

Help needed (Low Compression)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 11:01 PM
Saatchio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed (Low Compression)

Hello, I am new to the Myg37 forums. this is actually my first post on any forum. I have recently purchased a 2010 G37X Sedan, only to discover within a month of ownership that my bank 2 Cylinders had low compression. The mechanic said it was a bad head gasket. The mechanic also did mention that the Timing cover gasket was blown, the rear main seal is leaking, as well as the both the oil pans (upper and lower) are leaking. He Stated that he wouldn't know where to start on that motor. I am aware if I do replace the head gasket the head may need to machined. but the car shows no signs to burning oil or coolant, The mechanic also did mention that the car may have overheated with the previous owners which is why it may have gone bad. He said he tested the car by using a "comprehensive scanner tool" by deactivating some of the cylinders from bank 2 it showed that the idle drop was 50rpm lower compared to when deactivating a cylinder from bank 1 which dropped around 100-250rpm. he explained to me and concluded that the bank 2 head gasket was on its way out, was good to drive but is a ticking bomb. During my first month of ownership I was ripping the car at almost every green light. This car did not seem sluggish at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, will post this exact same story to reddit and the forums to gain as much insight possible. I have known about the VQ platform for a while now, Have been told they're complicated platforms. Thank you again for reading through this. I am at a loss for words at the moment. lmao

Can post pictures of the engine bay, it is not clean FYI