G37 Sedan

Neverending TPMS Saga

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 11:02 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
It does sound like incompatible sensors. If a new set of OEM ones work, he should refund you the cost of the original ones he sold you that were wrong for the car. My winters don't have TPMS installed in them so I deal with the flashing then solid light for half the year, but I definitely also understand not wanting to have the light on, especially when you're this far into it.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:46 AM
jjquantum
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This information has been very much appreciated guys! I'm going to chat again with my mechanic today and order some OE sensors by VIN. It may be a couple weeks as I know the sensors will take a week to get here and my mechanic is typically scheduled two weeks out, but I will definitely let you guys know the outcome! Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2023, 09:04 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Whether you need the JK01B's or the 1LA0E's, the cheapest I have found from Infiniti is ≈$50 ea. However, depending on the seller, there is a 15% discount promotion through Infiniti that you may be able to use. (I was able to claim the discount when I ordered replacement windshield cowls last week.)

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
jjquantum (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 11:52 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
On another note, my dad told me about Costco offering TPMS services as well.
He went for a tire change and upon seeing the light they were able to fix it for him.
4 new aftermarket compatible sensor and a reprogram later, the light was off for $70.

Id suggest you pay them a visit and find out, dont go around and tell them all of this diag that you have done already.
Let them order the sensors, install and go through the headache of clearing it.
In reality with Costco you either walk away with a fixed vehicle or they have to take back the parts at no charge.

It's in my to-do lists.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:19 PM
jjquantum
Registered Member

That is actually really good to know and crazy that they did it for only $70. At this point, my mechanic seems invested in putting the new OE sensors in for me (at no charge), I just have to provide him the sensors... and who knows, maybe he will comp me the other sensors he already put in if that does fix the issue. I'm not sure I want to save $120ish on non-OE sensors going the Costco route knowing what I know now about the existing non-OE sensors that were put in the car that should've worked, but didn't work... and I guess all of that is hearsay at the moment anyway because we don't truly know that the sensors are the problem, just another guess ... at least with OE sensors purchased via VIN, I know for a fact it's not the sensors
Old 02-14-2023, 01:39 PM
jjquantum
Registered Member

So my mechanic put the new sensors in today... everything took, yet after 8 miles, the light is back; this time no errors in the BCM, but the light is still showing the same behavior? I guess I'm at a loss how the light could be coming on with no error codes now in the BCM?
Old 02-14-2023, 05:03 PM
jjquantum
Registered Member

I should've waited until I actually got the car as I misinterpreted my mechanic over the phone... so the behavior is indeed different now with the new sensors, the light is just solid all the time, no flashing. I'm not sure if that is actually progress or not.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:41 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

When you first start the car, does the idiot light blink for one (1) minute then go solid? Or does it immediately go solid?
Old 02-15-2023, 07:29 AM
jjquantum
Registered Member

I saw a reply to this thread in an email I got, but I don't see it here? The response was asking if the TPMS light flashes when I start the car... it does not, it is literally solid at all times, even when starting the car. I am wondering if it is just taking a really long time to learn the new sensors?
Old 02-15-2023, 11:58 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

From the factory manual:

Being that you have replaced the sensors (multiple times) and also the receiver, it is safe to assume that there is either a issue with the BCM or wiring. As for why the BCM is not throwing any codes I do not know.

I know you have thrown a ton of money at this issue and am not sure to what extent you want to go further down the rabbit hole. The next step would be to have a qualified Nissan tech connect the car to their CONSULT3 tool and have a proper diagnosis. Which costs more money.

IF the BCM is the problem, personally, I would choose not to replace it just for the TPMS. However, your car, your wallet.

Either way, I would have a proper diagnostic performed as perhaps your mechanic is not up to par on this issue.
Old 02-15-2023, 03:36 PM
jjquantum
Registered Member

Ok, thank you, I appreciate the information! I guess I have always been reluctant to bring it to Nissan for any dealer related inquiry I have had, I always took it to Infiniti. The closest Infiniti dealership is an hour away though; Nissan is much closer. Your thoughts on taking it to Nissan vs Infiniti?
Old 02-15-2023, 03:42 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

For something as benign as the TPMS, I'd try taking it to Nissan. It is the same diagnostic protocols and tool. Plus, the rate will be much cheaper.

Depending on the dealer they might balk at the idea of working on Infiniti- they can do it, whether they want to is another matter. Just call first and get a feel for them.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:08 PM
jjquantum
Registered Member

Great, thank you!