G37 Sedan

Fuel Damper & Related Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 10:57 PM
Wilsonanywhere
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Damper & Related Issues

Finally joined this wonderful forum, hav e been lurking for a few months and it has been a real help. I am a lifelong Toyota guy and got my feet wet with landcruisers etc, so somewhat mechanically adept at fixing my own car issues to an extent. I always research as as I can if it is a new area or a new car, as I am here.

first Infinti/Nissan in a long time, used car and daily driver. Everything has been great until this dampener issue popped up a month ago.

So Thanks to this Fortum, I know what I need and how two install as far as get dampener goes. Thanks for that.

However a new issue has presented itself and I am hoping they are possibly related.

Lately the transmission has not been downshifting when braking as it always does. my car is idling high and is hard to brake when at higher speed.

Could this be related too the dampener going bad, in addition to the terrible gas mileage I am getting, and the constant knocking from the failed dampener.

recent new brake pads and rotors
base model sedan 135k

I was thinking Throttle control module, or Idle air control valve? without the dampener acting up, I would head towards those areas, but this seems like it is related.

any ideas or help would be great. recently cleaned both throttle bodies and it was running great till this popped up, the dampener issue has been around for a month BTW.

Thank you in advance