G37 Sedan

Rear-ended (accident) insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 10:47 AM
si_driver
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Rear-ended (accident) insurance question

does anyone know or have experience with insurance companies. I was rear-ended last week. The person that hit me has some major damage, however my car seems to be pretty much okay. There are a couple minor paint chips etc, but not enough to really worry about it or deal with it.

the question is: she reported it to her insurance company, also gave her my info etc. If I don't go after them to pay any claims etc, (as there is no damage on my car) will this show up on my records, like carfax etc ?

thanks,

Old 11-28-2022, 10:59 AM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by si_driver
does anyone know or have experience with insurance companies. I was rear-ended last week. The person that hit me has some major damage, however my car seems to be pretty much okay. There are a couple minor paint chips etc, but not enough to really worry about it or deal with it.

the question is: she reported it to her insurance company, also gave her my info etc. If I don't go after them to pay any claims etc, (as there is no damage on my car) will this show up on my records, like carfax etc ?

thanks,
Open your trunk and check the spare tire area, might have some damage in there.

According to https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources Insurance companies is a listed source. If it is getting reported you should ask for diminished car value.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:03 AM
si_driver
Registered Member

There is no damage, I have had it checked already by a friend who owns a body shop.

The one million dollar question is can her insurance report it to carfax and others that there was an accident - even though they didn't pay anything out for damage as there was none.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Open your trunk and check the spare tire area, might have some damage in there.

According to https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources Insurance companies is a listed source. If it is getting reported you should ask for diminished car value.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:11 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Based on my past experience with this, no your car will not have anything on it's carfax unless they do the whole process of inspecting your car for damage, and either fixing or paying you out.
The following users liked this post:
si_driver (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:15 AM
si_driver
Registered Member

thanks. as there is no damage outside of two tiny 1/32" marks on the paint - there is no point of me asking to have this repaired. that way the car doesn't have an accident on record and my insurance company doesn't one day decide to increase my rates.

Originally Posted by iCrap
Based on my past experience with this, no your car will not have anything on it's carfax unless they do the whole process of inspecting your car for damage, and either fixing or paying you out.