G37 Sedan

Rough idle and acceleration but no check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Camgarcia19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough idle and acceleration but no check engine light

Rough idle, please help. Im not a big gear head so I hope someone can help me out. I was driving home the other night and at a stop light my engine gave a couple stutters. As I accelerated I could feel it running rough ( shaky and such). The check engine light blinked for like 5 seconds then turned off. There is no standing check engine light on or anything, so I can't read any codes with an obd reader or anything. Maybe someone has had a similar issue in the past and has a solution. Thanks for any and all assistance.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:15 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Camgarcia19
Rough idle, please help. Im not a big gear head so I hope someone can help me out. I was driving home the other night and at a stop light my engine gave a couple stutters. As I accelerated I could feel it running rough ( shaky and such). The check engine light blinked for like 5 seconds then turned off. There is no standing check engine light on or anything, so I can't read any codes with an obd reader or anything. Maybe someone has had a similar issue in the past and has a solution. Thanks for any and all assistance.
That sounds very similar to my situation... no engine code for a few days actually and then eventually at idle, rough and jist sounding horrible, it came on and went off and on and off etc... but was enough to give me P0304 (cylinder misfire#4) . Most articles said start with coil pack... thats where i am now... switched it to 2 and the code followed to P0302 ... so bought a $30 one from amazon but code remains... bought new boots and switched them out with the original and still showing code... but if you saw engine light blink, some code will be stored ...
Old 09-29-2022, 06:37 PM
blck-magic
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
What kind of intake do you have and was it raining? Honestly sounds like a bad or dirty mass airflow sensor. That will definitely throw off the idle
Old 10-05-2022, 08:10 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Any luck? I changed coils from #4 to #2 and code went to p0302, so was figuring the coil pack... bought an off brand from amazon and code remained, however it did run normal for a few days until i drove a little further on a hot day and it all csme back. So bought oem coil pack and still same code. Got new denso plug and replaced and still same code... i cleaned MAFs , throttle bodies and PCV valves and still same code... so finally switched back 2 to 4 and same code... hope yours is easier to fix and if you did please share...