G37 Sedan

G37x Sedan Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 02:16 PM
Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question G37x Sedan Electrical issues

2009 G37x Sedan-occasionally upon start up, the car starts fine but the brake & ABS lights will light up and nothing else on the dash will work. No tach, no speedometer, no odometer, no gauges, and no AC, but the radio will work and the car runs fine. When this happens the car will not shut off no matter how many times you push the ignition button. It only turns off after holding the button in for about 10 seconds. I have shut the car off and restarted it multiple times to no avail. I tried just pushing start without using the brake to go into accessory mode first then start, this didn't work either. So I roll my windows down and go with nothing on the dash working and no AC. After a while, 30 minutes or an hour later it just suddenly clicks and everything returns to normal. Any ideas??
Old 09-26-2022, 05:18 PM
zoe infinity
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
did you try with another battery ??

Last edited by zoe infinity; 09-27-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:36 PM
blck-magic
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ
2009 G37x Sedan-occasionally upon start up, the car starts fine but the brake & ABS lights will light up and nothing else on the dash will work. No tach, no speedometer, no odometer, no gauges, and no AC, but the radio will work and the car runs fine. When this happens the car will not shut off no matter how many times you push the ignition button. It only turns off after holding the button in for about 10 seconds. I have shut the car off and restarted it multiple times to no avail. I tried just pushing start without using the brake to go into accessory mode first then start, this didn't work either. So I roll my windows down and go with nothing on the dash working and no AC. After a while, 30 minutes or an hour later it just suddenly clicks and everything returns to normal. Any ideas??
Same exact thing just happened to me. Never experienced this before. Car was running fine, I put it into park then had all the symptoms you just said. Car won't shut off unless press and hold, can't shift into gear, gauges all went to zero, trunk won't open. I have the battery disconnected I will see what happens after it resets

Old 09-28-2022, 10:00 AM
blck-magic
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Update: So I fixed the issue. Unplugging the battery didn't do anything. I also replaced the fob battery... nothing.

Went through the fuse box next and found the 'elec parts (IGN)" fuse blew... so this controls the sensors for the speedo/rpm/fuel and the shifter. Like the video showed it had power just no sensor response. I'm guessing that also controls the trunk release because it works again. The check engine light did come on so I gotta clear that but the car is back to normal.

The following users liked this post:
needsoju (10-03-2022)