G37 Sedan

Help Identify stolen modules

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 06:01 PM
jakethedog
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Identify stolen modules

Recently got my car was stolen. (V36 2007 G35 Sedan) The car was recovered in a bad state. The major issues are no start and steering wheel locked. (Note: haven’t had enough time to look at. )The car doesn’t go into ACC, On, nor cranks. I attached images to the post. I believe the power steering control module was ripped out explaining the locked steering. Always had possession of both key fob so they obvious messed with the ignition system. BCM seems to be intact. The screen from the stereo was ripped out. Let me know what you think and thank you in advance for the help. I will answer questions and provide additional photo if needed.

This is where the screen would sit. I relocated it previously to make room for aftermarket screen. Would this cause no start… ive had it cause a no dashboard input.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:39 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
If you had possession of both fobs, how were they able to steal the car? Did you leave it running, unattended? Was it towed away?

Neither the display screen nor the "Power Steering Module" would have any impact on a "no start" condition. The PS module is located behind the glove box so I doubt that it was "ripped" out.

If the steering wheel will not turn then the ESCL (steering lock) module is likely still there. It is not the easiest to access let alone "rip out." If it was removed the steering wheel would turn freely. Even then the car still would not respond. Are there any exposed wires/ unplugged connectors under the steering column? Elsewhere?

Is there any "life" on the gauge cluster? Does the RED KEY icon blink? Is the LOCK light on the START button illuminated? Is there any life at all in the car (lights, clock, seats, etc.)? Did you try inserting the fob into the key slot?

My guess is that IVIS (Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System) may have locked the car down, but more information is needed.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 09-10-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:54 PM
jakethedog
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
If you had possession of both fobs, how were they able to steal the car? Did you leave it running, unattended? Was it towed away?

Neither the display screen nor the "Power Steering Module" would have any impact on a "no start" condition. The PS module is located behind the glove box so I doubt that it was "ripped" out.

If the steering wheel will not turn then the ESCL (steering lock) module is likely still there. It is not the easiest to access let alone "rip out" and even if they did the car still would not respond. If it was removed the steering wheel would turn freely. Are there any exposed wires under the steering column?

Is there any "life" on the gauge cluster? Does the RED KEY icon blink? Is the LOCK light on the START button illuminated? Is there any life at all in the car (lights, clock, seats, etc.)? Did you try inserting the fob into the key slot?

My guess is that IVIS (Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System) kicked in, but more information is needed.

Thanks for the reply. Car has electrical power and car logo with key inside flashes. Yes lock light illuminates. All electrics work that normally do when car isnt started yet. No wires as far as i see have been stripped. Cats were stolen but that shouldnt prevent start up. “No key” flashes when actually starting on both keys. Im thinking a key was programmed. Car was not left running was stolen over night. Theres a chance it couldve been towed. Ask any questions i will answer as best as I can. Thank you
​​
Old 09-10-2022, 07:00 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
If you are getting the "NO KEY" warning, that means that your fobs are not registered to the car. Likely, the thieves used some generic scanner and reprogrammed their own key.

The good news is that IVIS has not locked the car as the RED KEY ICON is flashing. If it was steady....

A qualified locksmith should be able to come out and reprogram all of your fobs and get you going. Should cost <$100 +/-.

Might have to invest in some type of aftermarket alarm/ immobilizer system... I noticed that the old "Club" style steering wheel locks are making a comeback...

Good luck...

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 09-10-2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:12 PM
jakethedog
Registered Member

If you are getting the "NO KEY" warning, that means that your fobs are not registered to the car. Likely, the thieves used some generic scanner and reprogrammed their own key.

The good news is that IVIS has not locked the car as the RED KEY ICON is flashing. If it was steady....

A qualified locksmith should be able to come out and reprogram all of your fobs and get you going. Should cost <$100 +/-.

Might have to invest in some type of aftermarket alarm/ immobilizer system... I noticed that the old "Club" style steering wheel locks are making a comeback...

Good luck...
Appreciate all the help from you. This is what im leaning towards now reprogrammed keys. Window was shattered when car was recovered along with ripped steering wheel covers so i had assumed it was something there. The spot it was stolen from had no glass on the floor. I assume they lock picked the door then connected to obd2. I noticed the cheap “FIXD” scanner I had plugged in is missing. Ill let you know if your right if you want. Cool points. Thank you for the support.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:16 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 275 Posts
The power steering controller has nothing to do with the steering lock.... and it is located under the glove box.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:30 PM
jakethedog
Registered Member

Good luck...
I appreciate all the help from you. I originally assumed that it had to do with the broken steering covers as thats how the car was recovered. No glass was found where the car was stolen but the windows were broken. I think the door was lock picked then keys were reprogrammed. Wherever the car was left some bums must've started to try and mess with it after breaking the window. (Wasnt at the recovered scene). Ill try calling a locksmith to come out. Ill let you know if your right for cool points. Again thank you. Note: also realized my cheap “FIXD” scanner was unplugged.