G37 Sedan

Found this under my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 11:48 AM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Found this under my car

This is the second time I had my car freak out and bounce randomly while turning when stopped I'm not sure what the ugly noise is either when I turn it's only on super rocky pavement roads or whatever but the wheels sound bad and bounce. I checked and see my weights are gone on all 4 wheels could that be it? And I just found this little piece of plastic. Not sure if it's part of the car or something else?

https://youtu.be/AMvxo1T7MFU

Last edited by Gabe Cady; 08-29-2022 at 12:11 PM. Reason: adding the turning sound video
Old 08-29-2022, 12:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
It's just a mangled push tab rivet. They're all over the car... engine bay, underside panels, wheel well panels.

Unbalanced wheels aren't going to make your car bounce unless you're at a sweet spot for resonance at higher speeds.

Take it to a trusted shop for your suspension issue. But don't show them that plastic clip.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
abrecos (08-30-2022), stealthee (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 11:44 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Definitely sounds not so good. Can you have someone turn the wheel with you outside to see what the wheels are doing/where the sounds are coming from? Your brake light is also on, do you know why? Sounds like it's definitely going to be a shop problem.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:53 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Epiphany
Definitely sounds not so good. Can you have someone turn the wheel with you outside to see what the wheels are doing/where the sounds are coming from? Your brake light is also on, do you know why? Sounds like it's definitely going to be a shop problem.
break light is on because I was parked on a slope in the parking lot. Only happens on a rock type placement(rocks in the pavement for style in these parkinglots). When I disable traction control the sound/feel/shake is deacreased a good amount. Still unsure if it could also be relating to why I can't drive on dirt of gravel at all. I mean I can but for an awd model when it comes to gravel it's as if I'm driving on ice and I'm unable to change direction regardless of turning my wheel if at all I almost lose control so I haven't been able to experience/enjoy off roading even when it was an accident (which really sucked for about a mile and a half)