G37 Sedan

Are the rear LCA bushings liquid filled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:20 PM
DevonCarmean
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the rear LCA bushings liquid filled?

I have fluid leaking all over my exhaust from here and it smells like hydraulic fluid

Last edited by DevonCarmean; 07-11-2022 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:18 AM
Rik R.
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
There are multiple bushings in the G37/370z and some of them are fluid-filled. The one in the rear subframe is fluid filled; when it goes you'll typically see the fluid on the diff cover in the rear. You can't buy or install a new one; per Infiniti the whole subframe "has to be replaced" to replace the bushing. Instead, use one of them multiple kits to replace it instead. (Z1 has a collar system, multiple solid bushings require the old bearing be pressed or torched out).

Search for "rear subframe bushing" on here for many posts.

Good luck!

Rick
Old 07-11-2022, 08:22 PM
DevonCarmean
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rik R.
There are multiple bushings in the G37/370z and some of them are fluid-filled. The one in the rear subframe is fluid filled; when it goes you'll typically see the fluid on the diff cover in the rear. You can't buy or install a new one; per Infiniti the whole subframe "has to be replaced" to replace the bushing. Instead, use one of them multiple kits to replace it instead. (Z1 has a collar system, multiple solid bushings require the old bearing be pressed or torched out).

Search for "rear subframe bushing" on here for many posts.

Good luck!

Rick
That's all I have been able to find info on. I don't think the subframe bushing is where the fluid is coming from unless it can come through the center of the subframe rather than the outside where it would be obvious.

I don't have any fluid on the differential or even near that bushing which is throwing me off. It is all over the bushing on the "rear mid link / lower spring bucket / toe arm" whatever you call that part (I was calling it a lower control arm before researching a little). But like I said, it's all over that bushing, all on my exhaust, and blowing back all the way down the splash guard.

It smells allot like diff fluid or gear oil, and was a yellowish brown color. I just got done cleaning as much of it off as I can, going to keep an eye on it and see if I can pinpoint where it comes from if there's any fluid left to leak. Maybe I'll mount my gopro under there too and watch for play in the subframe bushing.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:27 PM
Rik R.
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DevonCarmean
That's all I have been able to find info on. I don't think the subframe bushing is where the fluid is coming from unless it can come through the center of the subframe rather than the outside where it would be obvious.

I don't have any fluid on the differential or even near that bushing which is throwing me off. It is all over the bushing on the "rear mid link / lower spring bucket / toe arm" whatever you call that part (I was calling it a lower control arm before researching a little). But like I said, it's all over that bushing, all on my exhaust, and blowing back all the way down the splash guard.

It smells allot like diff fluid or gear oil, and was a yellowish brown color. I just got done cleaning as much of it off as I can, going to keep an eye on it and see if I can pinpoint where it comes from if there's any fluid left to leak. Maybe I'll mount my gopro under there too and watch for play in the subframe bushing.
Well, if you suspect a leak in a particular area - for example, the diff - you can have a mechanic add (or you can go to Amazon and buy some kits) florescent dye to whatever you suspect is leaking, and then use special glasses to look for the leaks. That would confirm where the fluid is coming from.

Otherwise, you can check for leaks under the car using cardboard to see where it drops, or go to a oil change place and ask them to let you look at the underbody to estimate where the drops are coming from if they are being pushed by airflow. and splattering downstream. As you said, that may require you to clean up the underbody if it's a bit dirty to help determine the source, or find where they are being thrown and backtracking.

Good luck!

Rick