G37 Sedan

Nitpicky? After accident front end rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 08:39 PM
Randomjon
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitpicky? After accident front end rebuilt

Hello, long time member but not a poster on here.

So back in february 2022 i was driving home and deer ran into my lane. I managed to slow the car but didn't manage to avoid it. At the time it didn't seem like such a big deal, it clipped the front end causing damage to the front bumper, hood, and grill. But operationally the car was fine, it ran, AC worked, the passenger light where the deer bounced off didn't even sustain damage. I went to get it inspected and the shop stated that hood wouldn't latch on both sides so they couldn't inspect it. So I finally broke down and submitted an insurance claim knowing that it would still be cheaper to pay the deductible than do the work myself.

Well I used the collision center that works directly with my insurance just to make it easy. This was early March when the claim was submitted, earliest they could see my car was the last week in March for inspection. I waited, brought it to then, and waited some more for the quote. Waiting is a theme you'll see. April 1st they provided the quote I authorized them to start the work and was told to wait and bring the car in the 16th of April. Estimate for the fix, 2300 bucks and it would take 2 weeks time to fix it around April 28th.

This shop has a messaging system that texts updates when they need to customers. The first couple messages they sent were how to look online for the quote they provided and let you what status your vehicle is in. Their first communication with me was April 28th explaining that they were waiting on some parts but they now have them and are able to start the car... new expected time was for completion 5/6/2022. Okay I thought pandemic hard to get parts I understand, probably should have rescheduled a different drop off date if they didn't have the parts all there when I originally was scheduled. If I had been renting a car I would have been more upset, but I was able to borrow a rover from my parents.

The next week was one with alot of updates, they took it apart, and had it in the paint area on the 2nd of May, on the 4th of May they let me know it was gping into reassembly the next day. Then on the 6th I get an update, they need to replace the radiator because condenser unit is busted. New time for completion was May 13th.

Now mind you I had driven the car for 2 months with no ac or overheating issues, but I thought since it's an insurance what do I care, all I pay is the deductible. And I was assured that since it was my first claim and only a comprehensive one it would not affect the rate in the upcoming year.

May 11th I get another update, the tech working on the car quit mid shift, they need to have it reassigned new completion may 18th. May 17th new update the radiator support was broken need to order a new one new completion date 5/23.

5/23 I reached put to them expecting the car to be complete but letting them know that since i had work obligations i wouldn't pick it up until the 27th. Was it complete nope still in clean up. They did finally finish on the 26th but dang was that a wait.

Anyway I have a lifetime guarantee on the work for however long I own the vehicle they will fix their work for free. Now that I have had the car for a couple of days I am noticing things I don't like besides the fact that they replaced one head light so I have a brand shiny new one and dull yellowing one. And I want your opinion and I being nitpicky and looking for issues or should I tell them to fix the issues I see... and expect to wait a month for them to be addressed. Total cost 7600 doll hairs.

First is the gap or should I say overlap of the bumper and fender on the passenger side.

second is the obvious amount that the light sticks out from the fender.

the drivers side does not have either of the issues.
Below are before photos for context of what they had to fix.

And after

Old 05-28-2022, 10:41 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
The gap/overlap and incorrectly installed headlight are unacceptable. Period.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:58 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
I would be pissed if I received the car back like that.