G37 Sedan

Cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 11:28 PM
jose16388
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise control not working

My cruise control buttons dont work. When I press on them nothing happens not even a light on the dash. My other steering wheel buttons and horn do work though.
I replaced my clockspring and steering wheel and still nothing.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:00 PM
Gillan
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Check your dash to see if your ABS light is illuminated with the engine running. If so, the cruise control simply won't turn on until you rectify the issue with your ABS system. The same will happen if your traction control (VDC) is turned off or doesn't work.

Next, check your fuses. There are three fuses that are related to cruise control that I know of, they are fuses № 3 and 7 in the passenger compartment fuse box, and fuse № 45 in engine compartment fuse box #1.
- View this page for reference on where to find the fuses I mentioned: https://fuse-box.info/infiniti/infin...ses-and-relays

If the fuses I mentioned are good, the next thing I would check is the cruise control actuator. Either have a professional examine it for you or dust off your digital multimeter and do a continuity test on the electrical connections of the actuator.

If your cruise control warning light illuminates, check the cruise control module. Or check to see if depressing your brake and/or clutch pedal makes the respective pedal come into contact with the cruise control deactivation button (or whatever it's called, I'm not a mechanic). If pressing down those pedals doesn't lead to the button being pressed down, the cruise control light will flash on your dash. See this $hitty video for more details on the subject:

That's as far as I can help you with. If none of that helps, then I apologize ahead of time.

Last edited by Gillan; 02-25-2022 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:54 PM
jose16388
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gillan
Check your dash to see if your ABS light is illuminated with the engine running. If so, the cruise control simply won't turn on until you rectify the issue with your ABS system. The same will happen if your traction control (VDC) is turned off or doesn't work.

Next, check your fuses. There are three fuses that are related to cruise control that I know of, they are fuses № 3 and 7 in the passenger compartment fuse box, and fuse № 45 in engine compartment fuse box #1.
- View this page for reference on where to find the fuses I mentioned: https://fuse-box.info/infiniti/infin...ses-and-relays

If the fuses I mentioned are good, the next thing I would check is the cruise control actuator. Either have a professional examine it for you or dust off your digital multimeter and do a continuity test on the electrical connections of the actuator.

If your cruise control warning light illuminates, check the cruise control module. Or check to see if depressing your brake and/or clutch pedal makes the respective pedal come into contact with the cruise control deactivation button (or whatever it's called, I'm not a mechanic). If pressing down those pedals doesn't lead to the button being pressed down, the cruise control light will flash on your dash. See this $hitty video for more details on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTfNRmXL5GU

That's as far as I can help you with. If none of that helps, then I apologize ahead of time.
thank you so much, so so much, there’s barely any info online. I don’t have any lights on my dash except Tire pressure. I will try these methods out and let you know if it fixed it