G37 Sedan

HELP my tire is rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 09:18 PM
Tray
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP my tire is rubbing

New to site sorry If this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the problem I’m having. For about a month the inside wall my drivers side tire has been rubbing on the inside of my wheel well when the suspension compresses and I turn right. I have no idea what could be causing this issue as my suspension components look fine. I can rule out the possibility of my struts and springs as it’s riding on brand new suspension and new sway bar end links. (Problem happening before and after replacing) If you have any ideas or guesses please let me know.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Tire size?
Old 12-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Tray
Registered Member

I’m on stock size tires the 19’ enkei wheels

[QUOTE=Jsolo;4304134]Tire size?[/

The tire size ​​has not changed from factory specifications so I can’t imagine the tires got bigger all of the sudden, I’m lead to believe this is a suspension problem. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:04 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Majority of folks with rubbing issues have attempted installing oversized tires and/or use improper spacers. If you're on stock sizes and things are rubbing, either something is bent or broken, collapsed springs? Does the car seem to sit lower than before? You sure it's rubbing inside the wheel well and not an alignment issue?

Pics?
Old 12-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Tray
Registered Member

It could be a tie rod but I still don’t know

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Majority of folks with rubbing issues have attempted installing oversized tires and/or use improper spacers. If you're on stock sizes and things are rubbing, either something is bent or broken, collapsed springs? Does the car seem to sit lower than before? You sure it's rubbing inside the wheel well and not an alignment issue?

Pics?

im on stock tires and even switched them around to make sure that it’s not a tire issue. I have a included pics of my scored tire and where it is rubbing in my wheel well, I can’t find any part of my suspension that looks bad but I’m starting to think it’s a tie rod issue even though it was just aligned. The drivers side one could perhaps be out too far as the front of my tire scrapes. But only after the suspension compresses for some reason??? No shop could diagnose a think, thanks for response hope this helps
Old 12-06-2021, 09:09 PM
Ponyryd
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Are they coil-overs?
Really it looks like it’s barely touching, grab a big hammer and clearance it a little…..
Old 12-06-2021, 09:13 PM
Tray
Registered Member

Yes coils but I’m not sure I’ll be hammering anything

Originally Posted by Ponyryd
Are they coil-overs?
Really it looks like it’s barely touching, grab a big hammer and clearance it a little…..
this problem was here before the coils anyway and I would still have a mystery suspension problem
Old 12-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Ponyryd
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Tray
this problem was here before the coils anyway and I would still have a mystery suspension problem
You may just have a steering rack thats out of time and turning more one way, sit in the car and turn your wheel full lock each way while counting turns from center. This may not have been an issue before you installed the coilovers but now with them you have changed the geometry slightly and are now making contact. For the record, my car is lowered on 350z springs (1”) and makes no contact anywhere.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:31 PM
Tray
Registered Member

Not an old problem

Originally Posted by Ponyryd
You may just have a steering rack thats out of time and turning more one way, sit in the car and turn your wheel full lock each way while counting turns from center. This may not have been an issue before you installed the coilovers but now with them you have changed the geometry slightly and are now making contact. For the record, my car is lowered on 350z springs (1”) and makes no contact anywhere.
Thank you for the suggestion I will try that but this is a problem I delt with befor coils and only happens when I turn right