G37 Sedan

Determine trim/options

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 12:18 PM
josefgabriel
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Determine trim/options

Hi there. I have purchased a 2012 G37xS a couple of weeks ago and have a few questions. I posted an initial question with a picture of the trim that was actually several questions but nobody responded. Maybe if I keep it focused on one question I might have better luck.

How do I determine exactly what my particular vehicle comes with? The sales guy said it was "all" options but I know this isn't true as I can for sure rule out at least a couple. From what I can tell, since I have the X and the S, I get some of each but not all? Some things are easy, like I know I have 18" wheels as opposed to 19". But I can't tell which shocks I have, although I would guess the "sport" shocks. I am looking to replace some of the trim and at first I thought it was "washi" but now I think it might be "shodo".

I used the VIN decoder at my35.com and it seems to think I have a "Journey" but I don't know how accurate these things are. Other sites seem to indicate the trim level indicated on the badging. On the door it says "G" trim level but I can't find anything that corresponds to that. I can tell you that if it does have AWD, it isn't like the AWD I had on a previous car, an Eclipse GSX. It is very easy to break the tires loose even if I am being careful not to. The axle code on the door says RC33, and even on that I am getting conflicting answers. Maybe it isn't an LSD?
Old 08-25-2021, 12:33 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Try this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BiW...ew?usp=sharing

Best I can recall the sedan XS is a watered down S version. Look in the pdf on page 5 where it compares the sport rwd package to the sport awd.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
https://www.infinitihelp.com/models/...ifications.php

The xS Sedan is primarily the AWD Sedan with a sport appearance package. You'll get the 18" sport wheels, sport side sills, sport headlights, sport seats and flappy paddles. However, you won't get any of the RWD Sport Package features (brakes, suspension, steering, LSD.)

There is no LSD with the AWD configuration. And your shocks are the same as the AWD Sedan, and RWD Journey.

Regardless, it's still a very nicely configured car. Lots to enjoy and be proud of. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:43 PM
josefgabriel
Registered Member

Thanks both. I still seem to have a mismash of some of each of those. I have some things in the Limited Edition AWD package like the graphite seats, audio system and some other stuff but I definitely don't have some of the stuff like the black grill and spoiler. I guess it is just cobbled together and the only way to know for sure is to get eyes on the part? The dealer said he could determine everything by the VIN but I am not so sure that is true. Maybe their systems are just more accurate than what I can find on the web in general. The best I can tell I don't have the bigger brakes just from looking at those charts. Is there an easy way to determine the suspension? The very next thing I am probably doing to order is some trim replacement pieces. Are those for sure tied to the VIN?
Old 08-25-2021, 12:51 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Some brands (kia/hyundai) have a website one can go to to generate the vehicle sticker. I'm not sure if nissan/infiniti have something similar. That would generate exactly what the car came with.

You could perhaps try this - https://monroneylabels.com/ ?

If ordering oem parts, they should be able to order exactly what you need based on VIN.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm not up on VIN details, and who's to say what previous owners have done with respect to replacement parts or upgrades... it's a 9 year old car, after all.

As for the wrap-around trim in your interior, I'm fairly sure all Sport Package sedans (irrespective of RWD vs AWD) came with the standard Wasabi (?) trim that looks like brushed aluminum, which I believe is just a clear-coated wrap. There was Wasabi and Rosewood... IIRC. I don't think the Rosewood could be had with the Sport Package, for whatever reason. Don't quote me on that one. Been a while since I knew these details.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:02 PM
josefgabriel
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
https://www.infinitihelp.com/models/...ifications.php

The xS Sedan is primarily the AWD Sedan with a sport appearance package. You'll get the 18" sport wheels, sport side sills, sport headlights, sport seats and flappy paddles. However, you won't get any of the RWD Sport Package features (brakes, suspension, steering, LSD.)

There is no LSD with the AWD configuration. And your shocks are the same as the AWD Sedan, and RWD Journey.

Regardless, it's still a very nicely configured car. Lots to enjoy and be proud of. Welcome to the forum.

I just noticed the rest of your reply. Thanks for the welcome. That answers the brake question. Good to know that there isn't LSD. I will look more into how this system is different than my old (GSX) AWD. So the softer shocks. Which is a little surprising as it seems to be kind of firm. But I like it regardless. Seems to be little body roll and rides a lot smoother than my old coilovers.

Thanks also for the reply on the trim. I will look for Wasabi. I haven't even heard of that one.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by josefgabriel
Seems to be little body roll
Well, that's subjective. When I got my car nearly new, the body roll and understeer was a bit of a wrestling match. And an easy fix, with just about any manufacturer of aftermarket swaybars, and a reasonable set of 3-season tires. If you only ever do one suspension mod, make it swaybars.

Wait, it's "washi", not wasabi. LOL, my bad.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:35 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Suspension firmness is relative and subjective. A function of the shocks and tires IMO. Being 10 model years old it's possible the previous owner replaced the shocks at least once. Back in 2011 when I was test driving, no dealers had S 6mt sedans, but had plenty of X sedans and a few XS. Test driving the latter seemed soft to me. Too soft actually, very floaty like.

If you like to corner fast, sway bars will make a big difference. If that's not your thing, save the money.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:36 PM
josefgabriel
Registered Member

Sway bars are indeed a good fix with no drawbacks really. I had them on the GSX and they are the definition of bolt on. I would like to do that. I don't have a lot to compare it with, since it has been years since i have driven anything with any oomph but overall I am very happy with that I have got. I doubt the previous owner replaced the struts but it is possible. I think the car was pretty well taken care of and not modified.

There is some light hail damage I want to take care of but overall it is in excellent shape. After I get the body and paint sorted, I do want to get an exhaust. I don't ever plan on street racing or tracking the thing but I do like the sound of some of those exhausts in another thread on here. The engine does have a bit of a strange sound to it though. I think people refer to it as "raspy". I was a bit disappointed to find out how darn expensive it is to equip these with forced induction but honestly I am pretty happy with what it has to offer already. I just like to tinker and had a lot of fun with my previous sports car.

Last edited by josefgabriel; 08-25-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling/Ph