G37 Sedan

Z1 Upper and Lower Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 09:27 AM
infiniticarplug
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Z1 Upper and Lower Manifold

Anyone currently using the z1 upper and lower manifold now or in the past? Looking for some feedback on these items. Thinking of pulling the trigger in the upcoming weeks.

I have seen a few people saying motorydyne upper has better torque pick up in the the mid range, but the z1 has a more consistent increase throughout the entire and better top end. I know motorydyne does not make the lower so I think I would end up just getting the 2 from z1. But anyone that can chime in is always greatly appreciated it.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Not for nothing but isn't that something you should have looked into before your recent trip to RT tuning? Have you priced out the retune?
Old 07-25-2021, 07:07 PM
infiniticarplug
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Not for nothing but isn't that something you should have looked into before your recent trip to RT tuning? Have you priced out the retune?

Just from what I have seen on the bill, it won’t be that bad. I think the dyno is 520 somewhere around that, labor about 90 per hour. I know lead times on some of these kinds of parts from z1 could be a few weeks, and motordyne seems longer. Rochester from your build I know mine is never going to be truly done lol. So I know having to go more than once was something I am ok living with. I’m coming late to the party a lot of you guys have been at it for years, so I know there might be somethings I can’t get done all at once. Slow and steady.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (07-25-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 09:32 AM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by infiniticarplug
Anyone currently using the z1 upper and lower manifold now or in the past? Looking for some feedback on these items. Thinking of pulling the trigger in the upcoming weeks.

I have seen a few people saying motorydyne upper has better torque pick up in the the mid range, but the z1 has a more consistent increase throughout the entire and better top end. I know motorydyne does not make the lower so I think I would end up just getting the 2 from z1. But anyone that can chime in is always greatly appreciated it.
i don't have Z1, but i do have some from trigga spec..650 shipped and no core charge (although you get that back from Z1 if they receive yours in good condition). I lost torque low end with mind, but mid range and top end was nice.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:45 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Has anyone tried sanding their own upper intake manifold/plenum?
Old 08-11-2021, 08:27 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 282 Likes on 232 Posts
I've had good results from ported upper and lower nad retune. The Motordyne M370 is a HR manifold with longer runners that been fitted to work on our VHR. its not ported. the longer runner is what that contributes to the torque increase but will run out of steam on the top end.
The following users liked this post:
infiniticarplug (08-15-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 11:06 AM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by projectpanda13
I've had good results from ported upper and lower nad retune. The Motordyne M370 is a HR manifold with longer runners that been fitted to work on our VHR. its not ported. the longer runner is what that contributes to the torque increase but will run out of steam on the top end.
Isn't it such a trip that the shape and length of the intake plumbing changes the power characteristics? I'm still trying to wrap that one around my head
Old 08-15-2021, 02:46 PM
infiniticarplug
Registered Member

Originally Posted by projectpanda13
i wish I could pick up the torque and not lose the steam at the top end lol. I'm just on the search now for an upper online cheap so I could send it out to z1. Crazy how much they charge for the core charge. I didn't even think to check my parts department to see what my cost is for it at the dealership. Will be doing that when I get in to work. Right now I am kinda dragging my feet a little with doing any more power mods. I have had a change of motivation which I think the suspension is my goal for the upcoming months as of now.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:39 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
I have had the M370 in my car for over 4-5 yrs, I really enjoy the torque - getting up and going from a dig is very nice. I don't track my car, so I'm not worried about any top end loss. I picked up the M370 from a fellow member here via the classifieds. Honestly, a guy who lives around my area has the Z1 upper manifold and he was impressed with the overall speed of my car compared to his. He is on a stock exhaust as well, so really not apples to apples. I'm not sure what the hp difference is between the two, but would be interested to know.