G37 Sedan

Sedans on Tein’s

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 04:43 AM
backdoorvic
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedans on Tein’s

Just ordered myself some S tech springs, know it’s a pretty steep drop but can’t seem to find many pictures or threads on them. Can anyone give me a better idea of what to expect, also Did you guys have to do anything extra like a camber kit?
Old 06-02-2021, 09:53 AM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is mine the previous owner dropped it with tein springs though I want to replace them with coilovers it's to damn low for me gets annoying when you have to use a small jack to lift it up enough for the regular jack to fit under front bumper
The following users liked this post:
backdoorvic (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 02:34 PM
backdoorvic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by smokey grey 37
This is mine the previous owner dropped it with tein springs though I want to replace them with coilovers it's to damn low for me gets annoying when you have to use a small jack to lift it up enough for the regular jack to fit under front bumper
Damn that is pretty low now that I see it but it looks nice asf man Fr. I imagine you scrape is it frequently? I’m lowering my daily on teins so just want to know what to expect thanks.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:14 PM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Yeah
got to crawl over speed bumps or else I bottom out the front and the muffler gets scrapped.

Also I have to go at an angle to clear certain dips or driveways.

I can deal with the above but that whole needing a jack for your jack thing is annoying

Also it needs a camber kit the inside of the tires gets eaten up really good.

Had to replace the old set it had because of it.
Beefy tires nice thread on the outside but once you got under the car you could see the steel belts on the inner tire
Old 06-02-2021, 04:01 PM
backdoorvic
Registered Member

Yeah
got to crawl over speed bumps or else I bottom out the front and the muffler gets scrapped.

Also I have to go at an angle to clear certain dips or driveways.

I can deal with the above but that whole needing a jack for your jack thing is annoying

Also it needs a camber kit the inside of the tires gets eaten up really good.

Had to replace the old set it had because of it.
Beefy tires nice thread on the outside but once you got under the car you could see the steel belts on the inner tire
Damn it sounds like a pain lol. Out of curiosity in that picture whats your wheel specs? Also did you have any rubbing after installing the teins?
Old 06-02-2021, 04:06 PM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Staggered setup
225 front
245 rear

And I couldn't tell ya the springs were already installed when I bought the car.

But I don't rub at all going through turns and etc

I plan on getting BC coilovers or something similar
Old 06-03-2021, 05:10 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
I would HATE to drive that around town. It looks like it has no suspension
Old 06-04-2021, 10:10 AM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by spoolin03
I would HATE to drive that around town. It looks like it has no suspension
actually it's quite a nice ride it just sucks if there's a small bump a dip or a sloped driveway. That's why I'm planning to buy BC coilovers and raise up and inch or so
Old 06-04-2021, 10:57 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
I bought over $2500 in coilovers and suspension ancillary parts (like Voodoo Front Upper control arms that ran over $700 alone facepalm) all to lower it properly to 26.75 floor to fender. Essentially a 3/4 drop. But it rides amazing and my alignment is in spec for my very expensive Michelin tires. I don't understand how people lower it much further. I still at this height scrape here and there. And when I load up with groceries and kids? Yeah, glad I kept it at the height I did.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115
all to lower it properly to 26.75 floor to fender.
Same here... 26 3/4" floor to fender (when no one is in the car ). I think that's the min ride height before it starts being a problem. Anything lower on the G sedan looks broken to me.

I got there with Swift lowering springs in the front, and Tein Basis coilovers in the rear. And before someone asks, because they will, first I had Swift springs all around, but the rear was too low for my taste. So I bought the coilovers and only installed the rears, because the front drop was fine. Then I sold the front coilovers, and called it a day. OEM control arms, but SPC camber & toe kit in the rear.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:57 PM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
My fortune auto coilovers are also a Frankenstein. Stock springs were too short and too soft in the rear at the "recommended" rate. So the fronts are running 10k 7" fortune auto springs on the sleeves. The rears? 8" 10k swift springs. Went up from a 7" 8k rear spring that sagged to 25.5 at basically full ride height and even lower with kids.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:29 AM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
but the rear was too low for my taste..
Thats funny mines the opposite, my front is too low for my taste
I hate bottoming out have to literally crawl speed bumps riding the brake so my front doesn't just slam down.

Hopefully by next month I get coilovers and control arms to keep alignment in check.

It's a waste seeing beautiful tires in the front just to look under the car and see steel belts
Old 07-17-2021, 10:34 AM
BloodLine_Prez
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here’s my 12 sport with tein S-tech springs I put in around Father’s Day. Wheels 19x9.5/11, 245/40 and 295/30, all I can explain I grew up building slammed Honda’s and building bagged & body dropped trucks. But I have to remember I’m driving a lowered car, I have never dragged “yet” lol and my drive way gutter is like pulling up to haft dome in Yosemite. I get a lil body flex but nothing bad, it’s rides better then any springs and factory struts set up I’ve ever build or been in. This is vehicle
Number 93, I got a bit of experience in this department. I don’t, or “have not yet” experience any of what people say? I live in Northern California and commute to San Francisco “legendary **** roads” I drive the holy **** outta my v36 and I got nothing but praise to say about them. And at a total price from Amazon at 204.00 and dropped at my door, I’m extremely happy with them! Good luck hoggie
Old 07-17-2021, 10:36 AM
BloodLine_Prez
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh and yes I got a lil camber at all four corners but nothing I’d call tire eating kinda camber
Old 07-18-2021, 02:47 PM
Eddy Gonzalez
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im on tein street basis coilover ride height is set to 26.5" floor to fender all 4 corners. Im running 245/40r19 front and 265/35r19 rears. I have z1 camber arms and traction rods in the rear and spc toe bolts in the rear. Camber is at -1.6 all the way around toe is at infiniti spec.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eddy Gonzalez:
BloodLine_Prez (07-19-2021), James Harden (07-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Sedans on Tein’s