G37 Sedan

VR30 trans swap 2013 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 09:06 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Offering some realistic advice:
For 1/2 of distance you could play around with a driveshaft spacer, similar to the Automatic donut, this is about an 1 in thick so technically you could bolt any OEM DS and work with the spacer.

For Intake, contrary to popular belief, they're nice but there is a bias. We have seen all sorts of intakes make good power. What you never see is an Admin tuned car with non Admin intakes making more power than his. We know his tunes get sauced. Asides from the fact that you'd have to drill them to install breathers. They'll reccommend you delete the PCV with their fantastic catch can setup (amazing marketing)

As far as EPS throttles go, no one tells you that there is rev hang at at high RPM, and trying to get this as minimal as possible can get expensive sending logs back and forth (Not worth the minimal power vs work and money)

For best results get some tuning components, line pressure can be adjusted along with other parameters, Shift logic cant but you'll have better luck with the ability to record a log and send it to others to determine what your car is doing.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
DW_G37'13sedan (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 09:41 AM
DW_G37'13sedan
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@BULL I was wondering how much you'd actually get with the throttle bodies, it seemed pretty minimal when I did the bigger throttle body on my 03 G35, didn't think it would be much different on the 3.7.

As for the spacer, you need to reduce the driveshaft by 1/2 inch not increase.

And, as far as admin intakes go, there is for sure a bias lol
It's a 3 inch intake just like alot of them out there, and paired with K&N filter, so it can't be that much better, if it's better at all. But the price point is competitive. Also, as far as cutting to make it fit, that is not a major concern, that will be one of the easiest parts of this project.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:11 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by DW_G37'13sedan
@BULL I was wondering how much you'd actually get with the throttle bodies, it seemed pretty minimal when I did the bigger throttle body on my 03 G35, didn't think it would be much different on the 3.7.

As for the spacer, you need to reduce the driveshaft by 1/2 inch not increase.

And, as far as admin intakes go, there is for sure a bias lol
It's a 3 inch intake just like alot of them out there, and paired with K&N filter, so it can't be that much better, if it's better at all. But the price point is competitive. Also, as far as cutting to make it fit, that is not a major concern, that will be one of the easiest parts of this project.
You can't get away from the hanging of revs even if it's minimal.
I still believe we can find the right 2 piece drive shaft, plenty of models to choose from just have to trial and error. Essentially you'd want a shorter shaft that you can adjust with the spacer
As far as intake go, well you have my opinion. I'd hate to buy something at this price range then wait then have to modify.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:08 PM
DW_G37'13sedan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
You can't get away from the hanging of revs even if it's minimal.
I still believe we can find the right 2 piece drive shaft, plenty of models to choose from just have to trial and error. Essentially you'd want a shorter shaft that you can adjust with the spacer
As far as intake go, well you have my opinion. I'd hate to buy something at this price range then wait then have to modify.
I've heard of another option that supposedly fits perfect, but it was through alot of threads, and the guy was from Puerto Rico I believe. He was having trouble finding a driveshaft at all.. it was from a completely different car, not even Nissan. If I come across it, I'll link the thread.

And I really like the one piece, you do save some rotational mass, same with lightweight pullies, which I already have installed. I've read both sides of the arguments for and against those, but I've enjoyed them on the G35 and now the G37. Had them on for about 40k miles with no issues.

Also, I appreciate the advice on the intake, ill keep looking into it. Any suggestions? Soho seems to be good, and I'm definitely going with they're single exit exhaust and y-pipe. I live the tone it has, even better than the extremely over priced Tomei.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:12 PM
BULL
Moderador

I've heard of another option that supposedly fits perfect, but it was through alot of threads, and the guy was from Puerto Rico I believe. He was having trouble finding a driveshaft at all.. it was from a completely different car, not even Nissan. If I come across it, I'll link the thread.
We're known for unorthodox fixes to problems. We're used to no aftermarket support. Technically there are hundreds of shops that specialize in this, All you would need is would be the Yoke and flange and the rest is a tube.

Also, I appreciate the advice on the intake, ill keep looking into it. Any suggestions? Soho seems to be good, and I'm definitely going with they're single exit exhaust and y-pipe. I live the tone it has, even better than the extremely over priced Tomei.
I keep hearing of VQ carbon customs. It really all depends, are you one to put something together or prefer the comfort of bolting something on?
Old 06-07-2021, 04:52 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 219 Likes on 195 Posts
SOHO's are really nice (69mm or about 2.71 inches). I just don't like the fact that the Admin intakes aren't solid piping through the radiator support. It's the coupler going through. There are other good 3" intake out there where piping is solid through. The nicest ones I've seen lately are from Miami Z Parts (check Instagram). Other companies that make 3"; RZG, Mike Upton, Real Auto Dynamics, Limp Mode Tuning, Unique Motorsports (UPT intakes). Market is flooded with them now.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:57 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
As far as EPS throttles go, no one tells you that there is rev hang at at high RPM, and trying to get this as minimal as possible can get expensive sending logs back and forth (Not worth the minimal power vs work and money)
Whoa. So the 70mm throttle bodies have rev hang issues and are hard as hell to tune is what I'm getting from my limited research. I was going to go this route but I'm leaning closer to 63mm now or something where I won't need an adapter for the plenum hole (I think it's 67mm max?).

btw I did this swap couple weeks ago if anyone has any questions lol
Old 12-06-2021, 04:45 PM
mingjai89
Registered Member

Looking to do this swap. Right now I have a carbon fiber drive shaft that I purchased with EPS Tuning. I know I have to cut 1/2 inch off but does it matter which end?
Old 12-07-2021, 10:53 AM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mingjai89
Looking to do this swap. Right now I have a carbon fiber drive shaft that I purchased with EPS Tuning. I know I have to cut 1/2 inch off but does it matter which end?
I would think that that decision would be up to the driveline shop. I don't think you can do it at home...
Old 12-07-2021, 10:57 AM
BULL
Moderador

To my understanding a Crown Victoria aluminum drive shaft will work as far as length goes but the end flange from the Nissan has to be adapted to it.

Easier than getting a custom one done.

Another plus is that is already aluminum and plenty of Vic's running a ton of power on these shaft's
Old 12-07-2021, 11:16 AM
spoolin03
Registered Member

carbon fiber drive shaft would be nice in my car. It would rev up even faster
Old 12-07-2021, 11:18 AM
spoolin03
Registered Member

That SOHO y-pipe looks pretty promising. Looks like it'd have good mid to top range based on the shape
Old 12-07-2021, 11:28 AM
mingjai89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by spoolin03
I would think that that decision would be up to the driveline shop. I don't think you can do it at home...
I think I’ll just get a aluminum driveshaft and sell my cf
Old 12-07-2021, 12:05 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

How long is the cf driveshaft?
Old 12-07-2021, 12:06 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

If they made it a little short then it MIGHT work

Quick Reply: VR30 trans swap 2013 Sedan