G37 Sedan

Sedan Journey front lip... does it fit the SPORT bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 01:08 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
You lose maybe 0.5 mpg overall, and highway cruising is maybe 300 rpm higher than typical 6th gear coasting. But that's just 6th on the highway, otherwise daily driving is totally normal.

That's really it. The returns are so much more than that compromise added to the cost. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
This is my biggest worry with a taller drive on the 7at. If the 6mt is a night and day difference the 7mt will introduce fast and furious style shifting. I drove tall gear cars in older days and since I see a 50/50 mix of both driving it'll be fun 50% of the time.
Add that + the change of driving from this install and a more 1mpg realistically until your foot adjusts.

Way off topic aren't we
Old 01-27-2021, 01:09 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 196 Posts
You lose maybe 0.5 mpg overall, and highway cruising is maybe 300 rpm higher than typical 6th gear coasting. But that's just 6th on the highway, otherwise daily driving is totally normal.

That's really it. The returns are so much more than that compromise added to the cost. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
For sure this car isn't the car to change to a taller FD, it feels gutless in the lower RPM range and would be exaggerated with the change to the AT FD. Just throwing options out there as there really isn't much else you can do to improve MPGs unless you have the expertise, time, and money to do an ECO tune.

I too love the short gearing and love having power at all times. I just don't feel this is the car to sacrifice the highway MPG and noise. 3300rpms @80mph sounds dreadful. I like the good ole American overdrive 6th gear that brings the RPMs all the way down.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:34 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
It did strike me as slightly odd that this V6 was turning some RPM's on the hwy.

I think 80 = 3K? or just under? right?

I don't think its over 3K, is it?

Idk. I'll have to be more observant on my way home today.

Besides the flat torque advantage...I'm sure corvettes/GTO's use a tuning strategy for cruise MPG's. Likely crack the throttle open as far as possible and lean out as much as possible.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:56 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Hey Hugh, if you print up something as a caddy into your tray, can I have your little plastic divider? I lost mine years ago.

"Hey Hugh, get off of McCloud!"

- Mick Jagger, watching Hef getting too friendly with Dennis Weaver
Which divider are you after?

Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Imagine how the first people to get the BMW I8 felt lol
I'm too poor to get that reference. But I would also lol about how people with the first RX8's felt.

Mazda: we can make a fuel efficient rotary that can be daily driven. It'll make 250HP. We have like...a full 7 people working on this project.

Youthful and fun (2003 version) me: That's illogical.

Originally Posted by BULL
Way off topic aren't we
We can still make this about bumper lips? Somehow....
Old 01-27-2021, 01:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
The cup holder divider for the 6MT. Been missing for years, and I've never looked at it hard enough to figure out a hack.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:05 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgens
Ah ok. Dang the 3000GT really was ahead of its time.

What's the cupholder situation? We talking 64oz. of refreshments? Or is it a 1990's Japanese spec of slim cans only?
Cup holder situation in the 3000 is kind of a pain in the butt. The cup holders are actually under the center console lid. They'll hold plenty, but you lose your armrest if you are using the cup holder.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:45 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Lol I love where the thread ended up. I feel you OP on all the annoying quirks of the car. What cup holders? You mean the tiny space my wallet and phone barely fit into? Yeah. I just carry a 36oz sealed water bottle with me on the passenger seat. For such a large car the lack of interior storage is maddening. Being in CA means heated mirror are not needed.

Overall as a daily my TL-S is miles ahead of the G for me. The G’s gas mileage is atrocious as well compared to the TL. Where it shines is in the driving experience. Silly me choose to sacrifice the daily features for the driving experience in my..uh..daily lol.

Last edited by 2.2Lude; 01-27-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:58 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Originally Posted by stealthee
Cup holder situation in the 3000 is kind of a pain in the butt. The cup holders are actually under the center console lid. They'll hold plenty, but you lose your armrest if you are using the cup holder.
Have you considered writing an angry letter ab this?

Originally Posted by 2.2Lude
Lol I love where the thread. I feel you OP on all the annoying quirks of the car. What cup holders? You mean the tiny space my wallet and phone barely fit into? Yeah. I just carry a 36oz sealed water bottle with me on the passenger seat. For such a large car the lack of interior storage is maddening. Being in CA means heated mirror are not needed.

Overall as a daily my TL-S is miles ahead of the G for me. The G’s gas mileage is atrocious as well compared to the TL. Where the shines is in the driving experience. I chose to sacrifice the daily features for the driving experience in my..uh..daily lol.
Ha! yeah. I love the 3G TL type S's man. I wish I would have found a manual one worth buying when I was looking. Of course there are a few decent ones listed today lol.

My previous car was a 06 TSX 6MT. In so many ways, it was a way more livable car than the G.

I bought the G because I thought having a 13 sec RWD daily driver would be fun. And I chose the G over a 3 series because I'd rather get to where I'm going without hiring a permanent tow truck.

Nobody tells you the finer things though. Like...I never even thought to check cupholder size. Now that I'm scouring Edmunds reviews to see if anyone else is complaining....or if I'm just a jackasss...there is ONE review by someone who shares my viewpoint. This intelligent and presumably very handsome fellow was annoyed by the interior space and cupholders too. Wish I woulda read his review a few months ago!
Old 01-27-2021, 05:06 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgens

Ha! yeah. I love the 3G TL type S's man. I wish I would have found a manual one worth buying when I was looking. Of course there are a few decent ones listed today lol.

My previous car was a 06 TSX 6MT. In so many ways, it was a way more livable car than the G.

I bought the G because I thought having a 13 sec RWD daily driver would be fun.
Haha oh we are on the same page for dang sure.

I sold my 06 TSX 6MT(biggest mistake of my life):

https://www.tsxclub.com/threads/2-2l....158889/page-2

For my 07 TL-S AT because my PR job at the time required traveling for work in Bay Area traffic.

Got the itch to get back onto the track and the G came across as a great dual purpose car. But I sure do miss working on Honda’s. No need for oil coolers or worrying about anything over heating at all. Looking at you Z/G oil, coolant, diff, and power steering systems...
Old 01-27-2021, 05:36 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Haha oh we are on the same page for dang sure.

I sold my 06 TSX 6MT(biggest mistake of my life):

https://www.tsxclub.com/threads/2-2l....158889/page-2

For my 07 TL-S AT because my PR job at the time required traveling for work in Bay Area traffic.

Got the itch to get back onto the track and the G came across as a great dual purpose car. But I sure do miss working on Honda’s. No need for oil coolers or worrying about anything over heating at all. Looking at you Z/G oil, coolant, diff, and power steering systems...
Dang, nice TSX

And yeah...putting brake pads and tyres on virtually any Honda unlocks the secret racecar mode. Nothing else necessary.

Same formula whether you're taking a NSX or an Odyssey haha
Old 01-29-2021, 05:46 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Damn my day is looking GOOD rn. Found a beverage that fits.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:00 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Lol that image gives me all kinds of anxiety. One hard stop and you'll have yourself a nice sticky dash and shifter.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:02 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Lol that image gives me all kinds of anxiety. One hard stop and you'll have yourself a nice sticky dash and shifter.

Lol no...she was pretty solid in there.

Which brings me back to the original purpose of this thread.

Until today, I hadn't thought of just buying a coffee mug with a smaller lower half to resolve my issue.

Apparently, chicken sandwiches are brain food.

Maybe I will buy the sport lip and hang on to the car a while.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:46 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 332 Likes on 253 Posts
**not my car**

but pretty sure this was posted by someone here, kinda dig it. When there’s a will there’s a way...

Old 02-03-2021, 09:35 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
**not my car**

but pretty sure this was posted by someone here, kinda dig it. When there’s a will there’s a way...

It doesn't fit, sorry not a big fan of panel gaps. The dark color does a good job hiding it all.

Quick Reply: Sedan Journey front lip... does it fit the SPORT bumper?