G37 Sedan

instrument cluster insane rattle noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 01:46 PM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
instrument cluster insane rattle noise

So when driving regularly, or especially on turns, you hear this crazy *** rattle coming from the instrument cluster, you can stop it by holding it down or pushing up on the whole cluster itself, but its so annoying, so loud, i think its the plastic glass panel covering the cluster, but im not sure cause i think some of the plastic bits also make it go crazy. Any help or suggestions that I should follow?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2021, 04:30 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Ah yes, the ol rattley cluster. These thing suck. I’m doing a 100% rattle elimination project in my car and this is a tough one. While yours could be the lens, I don’t think that’s the issue. Try this, lift your wheel all the way up, get some thicker foam or something and cram it under the back of the cluster lid. Then drop your wheel back down. That may help a lot.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:36 PM
bread
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Ah yes, the ol rattley cluster. These thing suck. I’m doing a 100% rattle elimination project in my car and this is a tough one. While yours could be the lens, I don’t think that’s the issue. Try this, lift your wheel all the way up, get some thicker foam or something and cram it under the back of the cluster lid. Then drop your wheel back down. That may help a lot.
ill try, ik when i press on the lens it stops, which makes me think its that, alot of other issues comes from the steering wheel plastic cover whcih i gotta get a breaker bar to take the wheel off to better fix, besides that i guess i can try lots of foam or something to kind of push it against itself
Old 01-16-2021, 05:17 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rattles? Really? None of the Gs I owned or currently own haven’t had a single rattle or squeak inside or out. And all of them have had at least 140K miles. I’ve actually been very pleasantly surprised by the quality. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:13 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Also surprised to hear about any rattles or squeaks in a G37 sedan. While OP didn't mention what kind of condition or mileage his G had, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that its had multiple owners, high mileage or was a salvage car.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:17 PM
bread
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dkmura
Also surprised to hear about any rattles or squeaks in a G37 sedan. While OP didn't mention what kind of condition or mileage his G had, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that its had multiple owners, high mileage or was a salvage car.
136k miles lmfao 2012

also i have a subwoofer
Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by bread
ill try, ik when i press on the lens it stops, which makes me think its that, alot of other issues comes from the steering wheel plastic cover whcih i gotta get a breaker bar to take the wheel off to better fix, besides that i guess i can try lots of foam or something to kind of push it against itself
If you push on the glass and it stops then do the same thing, wedge something in there to make it snug. I was getting some bad rattles where the steering wheel trim meets the steering column but fixed it with wedging some carpet in there.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:40 AM
bread
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sobeIPL
If you push on the glass and it stops then do the same thing, wedge something in there to make it snug. I was getting some bad rattles where the steering wheel trim meets the steering column but fixed it with wedging some carpet in there.
its very complicated, cause once u shove some **** in there another piece starts rattling

ill see what i can do

this man really shoved carpet in there lmfaoo