G37 Sedan

Looking for ideas to mod my sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:36 PM
jesse123456
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for ideas to mod my sedan

Hello everyone, recently joined the my37.com. I'm planning to mod my 2012 g37x sedan , I have a list of things I want to do but I will start with the cheaper ones first. So first of all I need inputs on 3m black gloss roof wrap. Esp if that will enhance the look of my grey g37. Also I would appreciate any inputs on mod ideas that are not performance based. Simple wrap and stuff. Thank you

Thats my baby.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:14 AM
G37xsnewguy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jesse123456
Hello everyone, recently joined the my37.com. I'm planning to mod my 2012 g37x sedan , I have a list of things I want to do but I will start with the cheaper ones first. So first of all I need inputs on 3m black gloss roof wrap. Esp if that will enhance the look of my grey g37. Also I would appreciate any inputs on mod ideas that are not performance based. Simple wrap and stuff. Thank you

Thats my baby.
first thing I do to all my cars is smoke Tint all the windows and gloss black wrap all the chrome window frame. Looks way better and like stock look. Also bought some Pop in KNN air filters you can reuse and clean. I saw a video on YouTube using it pushing two or three extra horsepower. Also bought weather tech Floor mats for inside. Also replaced sway bars on the back.
that’s what I’ve done in three years of ownership and don’t plan on doing anything else.
Forget the roof wrap, do the window frames and tint.
that’s just my opinion I’m a little old school and like the stock look.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:43 AM
jesse123456
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xsnewguy
first thing I do to all my cars is smoke Tint all the windows and gloss black wrap all the chrome window frame. Looks way better and like stock look. Also bought some Pop in KNN air filters you can reuse and clean. I saw a video on YouTube using it pushing two or three extra horsepower. Also bought weather tech Floor mats for inside. Also replaced sway bars on the back.
that’s what I’ve done in three years of ownership and don’t plan on doing anything else.
Forget the roof wrap, do the window frames and tint.
that’s just my opinion I’m a little old school and like the stock look.
hello , thank you for your reply. I have ordered some 3m vinyl to wrap the window chrome pieces. Asked a few wrap shops and they quoted 300$. Guess I will be attempting on my own as I have experience wrapping all the interior trims in CF.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:45 AM
FreightTrain
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jesse123456
hello , thank you for your reply. I have ordered some 3m vinyl to wrap the window chrome pieces. Asked a few wrap shops and they quoted 300$. Guess I will be attempting on my own as I have experience wrapping all the interior trims in CF.
A lot of wrap shops have a minimum. The two local to me are $500. It comes down to their shop capacity and reservations. Why book a $200 appointment when someone else wants a full wrap? Unless you can remove the part for them, you’re better off Diy.

I haven’t wrapped my roof (or anything exterior) but you’re biggest concern is the antenna/shark fin. If you want to do it right you’ll need to drop part of the headliner to remove the (1?) bolt holding it. Properly dropping the headliner isn’t the easiest and may be an issue down the road if you don’t re-secure it correctly. You could get by either wrapping over all it (gl and wasted wrap), or wrapping the fin before wrapping the roof, and cutting that section out later (Will leave a line between the wraps). Either or, it’s going to take some patience, proper tools, and accurate measurements if you want it to look perfect.

I’m yuge on do it once do it right. Look into removing your headliner and properly re-securing it. It’s an extra diy on its own, but well worth it in the end. Removing the fin and wrapping it separately makes the entire job pretty simple. You’ll also spend 2-4+ hours to accomplish it. If that same shop will do the trim and roof wraps for $300, under their warranty. I’d definitely consider it.