G37 Sedan

G37S Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 11:32 AM
VRedG37s
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
G37S Clutch Replacement

My car has approximately 186,000KM on it and I want to replace my clutch and slave cylinder. Recently the clutch engagement point is either on or off. There is no modulation and starting off in first can be jerky at times but I have gotten used to it.
The car is bone stock but I have taken good care of it so the clutch is not slipping or giving me any issues apart from occasional clutch chatter.

I'd like to replace the clutch and slave cylinder(I don't think I will replace the flywheel unless it requires to be resurfaced or replaced).

Since I am in Canada finding parts for a good price is difficult. There are some great sites out there but all in the US and shipping/duties/exchange makes it very expensive.
Anyways I found rock auto to be okay and I wanted to order a clutch kit from there but had a few questions:

1. Is our flywheel dual mass or single mass? I noticed some clutch kits require a conversion and I want to make sure I get the right one.
2. Is the throwout bearing part of the slave cylinder? Mine is making a quite loud whirr noise when idling in neutral
3. Is there anything else I should consider replacing while the transmission is down?

I wanted to order the following kit but wasn't sure if it would be the correct one. First of all it says conversion kit (does this mean I need to change the flywheel?) Also it says it doesn't include the slave cylinder but it is pictured on the left. Unfortunately rock auto does not have a phone number or ability to ask questions until after the product has been ordered. Let me know what you guys think I should do or if you known a more reputable clutch that is OE quality not looking for performance gains. Thanks in advance.

kit: AMS AUTOMOTIVE06082Conversion Kit OE PLUS
Old 09-04-2020, 08:48 PM
Birdie
Registered Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
1.yes our flywheel is dual mass.
2.release bearing and slave cylinder inare case are essential the same part also known as concentric slave cylinder
3.you should consider changing your master cylinder as the oil my be contaminated and my ruin your new slave/csc

dont go by pics when ordering item .the kit you are looking at is the pressure plate and clutch only.make sure to read the print like you did. Some of the pics when ordering online probably aren't pics of the products you will receive. More of a general image

Last edited by Birdie; 09-04-2020 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted was not done