G37 Sedan

Is FI worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 12:19 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by cmckenzie15
deep, soho motor sports has a full complete A2A kit that is basically like the topgunz kit. If I’m going boost it’s with that kit. Also keep in mind if you do run the updated 7at from the q platform you will need a custom drive shaft. I believe it’s really only built for like 500 hp so it’s an interesting trade off.
Topgunzz new kit does not use the stillen intake.. he redesigned the whole supercharger kit to use the stock manifold..

Announcing TopgunZ ACE Supercharger Kit! - Nissan 370Z Forum
The following users liked this post:
deep0542 (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 12:28 PM
chuckie311

horsepower doesn’t blow transmissions TQ does.. if you have the right tuner and they adjust the WTQ.
launching is the worst for the transmission and where the break the most..when my car goes in to get boosted im having them put new transmission plates in to help with the boost..also I’m going to to have the boost limited on the first 2 gears to help keep the power and grip under control after that full boost in every gear after..
my daily map will be around 500whp and full boost will be whatever my tuner thinks is safe probably low to mid 600whp

Interesting, I thought the Soho kit was the best pricing complete A2A kit but I guess not. I wonder what is different about the ACE that its that much cheaper. I didnt see that it uses Stillens bracket for mounting the supercharger so possibly he doesnt have that overhead. Now I am definitely more interested in the ACE kit haha.

I havent seen any AWD guys either but Im assuming we would have to as well since the VR30 doesnt quite line up the same as the 3.7.

That Q is an absolute monster, when he got onto the onramp and just let it rip I was shocked. When he said he blew 3 LVL 10s I knew then that it was a waste but he is also pushing a lot of power. The most intriguing thing I have seen so far for an alternative for the trans for the 7AT guys is some one is in the works for making an adapter plate for a BMW DCT I believe. That would be a blast but too many unknowns right now.

After some research the numbers for trq are horrendous on the trannys. Now this is what they are rated from factory so its low but makes sense for where they are stock power wise. Our tranny is rated at 400nm or 295 ft lbs while the upgraded RE701B is rated for 600nm or 443 ft lbs. After an AMS Stage 1 on the VR30 it jumps to around 475 ftlbs of trq which is already over the rated amount which I find funny. Again thats just factory numbers, havent heard too many people have issues under 500ftlbs though.

I do find it interesting though the amount of boosted Gs I am seeing on social media that doesnt look like theyve done a lot of research on boosting this platform. I saw one guy has blown close to 5 transmissions but hes also putting down 600 whp on twins which will blow either of those trannys easily. It is such a pain deciding to boost this or not. I wish it wasnt such a pain to swap a manual into an X.
The following users liked this post:
deep0542 (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 12:43 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Received 160 Likes on 108 Posts
Interesting, I thought the Soho kit was the best pricing complete A2A kit but I guess not. I wonder what is different about the ACE that its that much cheaper. I didnt see that it uses Stillens bracket for mounting the supercharger so possibly he doesnt have that overhead. Now I am definitely more interested in the ACE kit haha.

I havent seen any AWD guys either but Im assuming we would have to as well since the VR30 doesnt quite line up the same as the 3.7.

That Q is an absolute monster, when he got onto the onramp and just let it rip I was shocked. When he said he blew 3 LVL 10s I knew then that it was a waste but he is also pushing a lot of power. The most intriguing thing I have seen so far for an alternative for the trans for the 7AT guys is some one is in the works for making an adapter plate for a BMW DCT I believe. That would be a blast but too many unknowns right now.

After some research the numbers for trq are horrendous on the trannys. Now this is what they are rated from factory so its low but makes sense for where they are stock power wise. Our tranny is rated at 400nm or 295 ft lbs while the upgraded RE701B is rated for 600nm or 443 ft lbs. After an AMS Stage 1 on the VR30 it jumps to around 475 ftlbs of trq which is already over the rated amount which I find funny. Again thats just factory numbers, havent heard too many people have issues under 500ftlbs though.

I do find it interesting though the amount of boosted Gs I am seeing on social media that doesnt look like theyve done a lot of research on boosting this platform. I saw one guy has blown close to 5 transmissions but hes also putting down 600 whp on twins which will blow either of those trannys easily. It is such a pain deciding to boost this or not. I wish it wasnt such a pain to swap a manual into an X.
Soho is competitive to the TopGunZ A2A conversion- but both kits assume you have a Stillen kit already. That’s what’s awesome about the ACE kit- you’re pretty much ready to go (outside of tranny upgrades and Tune). Yep torque is what trashes transmissions- and agree wish that it was easier to 6MT swap an X. I’ve only found one example of that on a 35x- and that owner actually had to remove all the AWD components. Bleh.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:51 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckie311
Topgunzz new kit does not use the stillen intake.. he redesigned the whole supercharger kit to use the stock manifold..

Announcing TopgunZ ACE Supercharger Kit! - Nissan 370Z Forum
Originally Posted by chuckie311
horsepower doesn’t blow transmissions TQ does.. if you have the right tuner and they adjust the WTQ.
launching is the worst for the transmission and where the break the most..when my car goes in to get boosted im having them put new transmission plates in to help with the boost..also I’m going to to have the boost limited on the first 2 gears to help keep the power and grip under control after that full boost in every gear after..
my daily map will be around 500whp and full boost will be whatever my tuner thinks is safe probably low to mid 600whp
I was referring to the bracket where the blower mounted not the manifold...

Also Yes I do know that torque is the death of the tranny which is why I stated the factory #s for the torque in my second post.

Good luck with the twins man, that kit is a beast.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:55 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by deep0542
Soho is competitive to the TopGunZ A2A conversion- but both kits assume you have a Stillen kit already. That’s what’s awesome about the ACE kit- you’re pretty much ready to go (outside of tranny upgrades and Tune). Yep torque is what trashes transmissions- and agree wish that it was easier to 6MT swap an X. I’ve only found one example of that on a 35x- and that owner actually had to remove all the AWD components. Bleh.
At this point any X will have a better chance at trying a RB26 trans than to tackle any other option. As people keep exploring the the limits of the q50/60 trans this will share additional light and help the auto community.
The 7 speed will always dominate from a dig.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:01 AM
chuckie311

Q50 trans will limits around 500wtq mine has 527wtq but I never launch it.. I know a few who have went through a couple of transmission already.. really if you don’t push the car hard off a launch they will hold up a lot longer