G37 Sedan

6MT Sedan done! Pics and questions about possible tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 09:40 PM
jason56765
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey congrats on the 6mt g37s sedan! I have a '13 6mt sedan with 62k miles myself. Love to see that you are going for more function over form. Highly recommend looking into an RJM clutch pedal assembly. By far the best modification I've done, and one that you appreciate every time you shift. Bell raceworks rear diff brace is another must do for 6mt's I would recommend, probably the best bang for buck drivetrain modification you can do at just over $100. Looking forward to see more of your build!
Old 04-11-2020, 06:02 PM
bellv83
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jason56765
Hey congrats on the 6mt g37s sedan! I have a '13 6mt sedan with 62k miles myself. Love to see that you are going for more function over form. Highly recommend looking into an RJM clutch pedal assembly. By far the best modification I've done, and one that you appreciate every time you shift. Bell raceworks rear diff brace is another must do for 6mt's I would recommend, probably the best bang for buck drivetrain modification you can do at just over $100. Looking forward to see more of your build!
Thanks man. The RJM is on my radar. The engagement sucks on this. It's so high and sometimes I feel like i can't drive stick as my foot has to come all the way off the mat to be smooth, which is a bit annoying.
I have a baby due any day, any minute really. On high alert here so in the next month or 2 once things calm down I'll prob do that.
As for the diff mount, I don't dump it or launch the car. I have the Z06 for that so I don't think I need that at the moment
Old 04-11-2020, 08:13 PM
juster
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jason56765

Anyone know if Bell raceworks are the only ones who make a differential brace? Looks like they are sold out.

Edit: Found it at concept z performance.

Thx

Last edited by juster; 04-11-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:11 PM
MickiFree
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bellv83
Thanks man. The RJM is on my radar. The engagement sucks on this. It's so high and sometimes I feel like i can't drive stick as my foot has to come all the way off the mat to be smooth, which is a bit annoying.
I have a baby due any day, any minute really. On high alert here so in the next month or 2 once things calm down I'll prob do that.
As for the diff mount, I don't dump it or launch the car. I have the Z06 for that so I don't think I need that at the moment
Hey congrats on your new baby, hope everything is well. It's probably been real crazy for you and your family.

I was wondering if you were able to get your tune squeezed in. I'm on a stock motor as well and at times the throttle response is really bad. Just want to know if a tune fixes the horrible lag.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:58 AM
bellv83
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MickiFree
Hey congrats on your new baby, hope everything is well. It's probably been real crazy for you and your family.

I was wondering if you were able to get your tune squeezed in. I'm on a stock motor as well and at times the throttle response is really bad. Just want to know if a tune fixes the horrible lag.
Yea I got z1 to do the tune. So my honest review would be that the car doesn't really feel any peppier or any stronger even though I somewhat knew it wouldn't but hoped it did. However the throttle response is significantly improved and that is noticeable. Is it worth the six or 700 bucks I paid? I don't know but if you want to improve the throttle response there's some big gains there
The following users liked this post:
MickiFree (06-15-2020)