4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Is anyone actually still in Quarantine?
Old 07-24-2020, 12:47 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Yeah, I still work fully remotely and don't really go anywhere. A little more than before, but still really not at all. Probably put less than 500 miles on my car since March.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Is anyone actually still in Quarantine?
Actual, genuine quarantine?

But I haven't eaten out for dinner since early March. Masks and hand sanitizer and treating the world like we all have leprosy... that's the new normal. Same for the lack of haircuts, and non-essential shopping. It's been a pretty crappy year. Going to get worse, too, I suspect.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I hear you guys. Wearing a face mask the entire day at work and disinfecting every car before a test drive and my desk after every guest is loads of fun. But I would rather be safe than sick. What I meant was, are there any states or areas that require you to stay home unless it is absolutely essential travel?
Old 07-24-2020, 02:04 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Oh, no. That's over now... Maryland is in "stage 2" of reopening, even though case numbers keep rising. I'm still staying home.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:15 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Actual, genuine quarantine?

But I haven't eaten out for dinner since early March. Masks and hand sanitizer and treating the world like we all have leprosy... that's the new normal. Same for the lack of haircuts, and non-essential shopping. It's been a pretty crappy year. Going to get worse, too, I suspect.
I'm in SC which is a hotspot of stupid. Covid too. We've started getting haircuts again but by a private hairdresser not GreatClips or anything. And almost everything we need that isn't in our grocery store comes from Amazon - I'm avoiding target, walmart, etc. like the plague. Which I guess is accurate.

I'm almost at a level of hairloss that I can just do my whole head with a 2-guard and be done with it LOL. I've had the beard down to a 2 to not get super curly from the mask...

I'm working from home except when I have court, my wife is working from home, kiddo is in virtual summer camps. None of those are likely to change soon - kiddo's school is starting out at least fully virtual.

It is really weird isolating yourself into a tiny bubble of people when the rest of your community thinks Covid is over. Well, other than the ones dying from it. I guess this is what a prepper feels like.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:30 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
Oh, no. That's over now... Maryland is in "stage 2" of reopening, even though case numbers keep rising. I'm still staying home.
Really? I thought TX, FL, and CA were shutting back down due to the big spikes in the coronavirus. Maybe not entirely, but I was unsure of the specific requirements of each state. Our state is a dumpster fire of the Governor trying to shut down to keep people safe and then being overruled by the state supreme court to open businesses back up in the name of the economy. Positive cases continue to rise at record numbers for our state, so clearly that idea worked.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:49 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Well I'm in Florida...

Life returned to normal over here, just normal day to day, masks, working soap dispensers etc.

The next two months will be interesting as we try to return to a normal in the schools and and the extra $600 a week from the CARES runs out for most.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:31 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Really? I thought TX, FL, and CA were shutting back down due to the big spikes in the coronavirus. Maybe not entirely, but I was unsure of the specific requirements of each state. Our state is a dumpster fire of the Governor trying to shut down to keep people safe and then being overruled by the state supreme court to open businesses back up in the name of the economy. Positive cases continue to rise at record numbers for our state, so clearly that idea worked.

Yeah I don't understand why we are opening back up here. You can now even go to dine-in at restaurants. Not doing that. I suspect soon they will start to close again as it continues to get worse.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:42 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Yesterday I went to an actual sit down restaurant for the first time in months. A friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while wanted to meet up since he hadn't gotten to see my car yet and we we going a part swap. He had stuff I needed and I had stuff he needed so we met sort of in the middle and grabbed lunch.

Anyway other than tables being spread out (we out on their deck anyway) it was just like normal. I went and got a haircut earlier this week too. I've been to the grocery store, and Home Depot, (unfortunately) Walmart, Harbor Freight, Advance Auto, and many other places in the last week or two.

I have zero fear of going anywhere. I still 100% believe this isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

All this did to me was put me out of work and is making it difficult to find a new job. I've managed to get a lot of stuff done in my time off though.
The following users liked this post:
steveng37 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 04:39 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I don't know if it is like this by you guys, but by us Home Depot has constructed huge plexiglass boxes that go around the self check out lines, but you have to pick up a scan tool to scan the products you buy and there is no touchless checkout or any hand sanitizer. So if someone sneezes without a mask (unlikely) you are safe, but if you try to buy anything you get all the germs from everyone else who bought something today. Why is common sense so uncommon?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:18 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
There is a complete lack of common sense in this entire thing.
The following 3 users liked this post by stealthee:
ILM-NC G37S (07-24-2020), rotarymike (07-25-2020), steveng37 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 06:42 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee
There is a complete lack of common sense in this entire thing.
AMEN! This whole ordeal will go down as THE largest cluster "fk" in history.

Oh well. Que Sera, Sera. Nature will take its own course, regardless.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 07-24-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:09 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

I don't know if it is like this by you guys, but by us Home Depot has constructed huge plexiglass boxes that go around the self check out lines, but you have to pick up a scan tool to scan the products you buy and there is no touchless checkout or any hand sanitizer. So if someone sneezes without a mask (unlikely) you are safe, but if you try to buy anything you get all the germs from everyone else who bought something today. Why is common sense so uncommon?

Yeah, it's the same here. I went to HD once and you have to use the touchscreen computer and hand scanner, which looked like they had never been cleaned. Fingerprints and smudges everywhere.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Everyone is feeling it differently. Although I know someone who was on a vent for 5 weeks and miraculously didn't die, personally it's an inconvenience in my life that hasn't affected us yet. Don't get me wrong, we're experiencing some serious First World Problems... kids & school, mostly. But we have our jobs, and no one is sick. Oh and no one has been to the dentist in 6 months, LOL. But seriously, we're very grateful.

So share whatever stories you want guys. Empathy is free, but dismissal of how serious this all is will be checked at the door.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
4DRZ (07-26-2020), iCrap (07-24-2020), rotarymike (07-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Quarantine Projects