Quarantine Projects

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDevilsG

😈
whiteline diff bushings, rear diff brace in. KWs, spl rear camber arms, toe bolts, eccentric lockout bolts going in stat!
Future plans for some spl upper front caster/camber arms, some hotchkis and soul function bracing love too... and more to decide on. Operation handling is a go! 😁
What kind of KW's are those? I am curious to hear what you think of the ride and performance.

Originally Posted by jfridge92
Lol which ones did you use to replace yours, just so I know which ones to avoid

If/when these break, I'll probably just pony up and throw whiteline's on the car and call it good.
I had Moog originally, but like iCrap said- they don't seem to hold up much better. I have SPL now and they seem to work well. No problems so far.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:25 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
[QUOTE=4DRZ;4274040]What kind of KW's are those? I am curious to hear what you think of the ride and performance.

These are the KW v1s. Im starting with these and want to get all the other suspension bits in. Then when im done with all the other supporting suspension mods on the car later on i may switch over to the V3s and sell these for a cheap price to whoever wants them.

I've talked to someone who tracks one of his cars on v3s and another on v1s. He loves them both. The v1s are apparently incredibly well made, they just don't cost 4 grand like the v3s because you can't adjust all the damping and more options.

They are however setup very nice and he seems as content with his v1 car as his v3 car. Just v3 car he can go all adjustment crazy on stiffness and dampening and I'm sure that extra fine tuning is a blast lol

Once i have them on and have enjoyed them for a bit ill be happy to give you some feedback on them.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:20 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

[QUOTE=TheDevilsG;4274047]
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
What kind of KW's are those? I am curious to hear what you think of the ride and performance.

These are the KW v1s. Im starting with these and want to get all the other suspension bits in. Then when im done with all the other supporting suspension mods on the car later on i may switch over to the V3s and sell these for a cheap price to whoever wants them.

I've talked to someone who tracks one of his cars on v3s and another on v1s. He loves them both. The v1s are apparently incredibly well made, they just don't cost 4 grand like the v3s because you can't adjust all the damping and more options.

They are however setup very nice and he seems as content with his v1 car as his v3 car. Just v3 car he can go all adjustment crazy on stiffness and dampening and I'm sure that extra fine tuning is a blast lol

Once i have them on and have enjoyed them for a bit ill be happy to give you some feedback on them.
Sounds good. If you like the ride on the street and think they handle well, let me know when you are done with them. I may be interested. I think I am done with track days with my car.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:27 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

[QUOTE=4DRZ;4274087]

Sounds good. If you like the ride on the street and think they handle well, let me know when you are done with them. I may be interested. I think I am done with track days with my car.
Noooo i like your brake advice and track setup advice, You do not have permissiom to hang up the track gloves! I forbid it!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:31 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

[QUOTE=TheDevilsG;4274093]
Originally Posted by 4DRZ

Noooo i like your brake advice and track setup advice, You do not have permissiom to hang up the track gloves! I forbid it!
Don't worry, I'm not going to learn anything more at the track with this car. Still plenty of free advice for anyone who needs it.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:33 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 275 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
My shifter was all scrapped up, so had ordered this cover from eBay and thinking meh...for 4 bucks , what the heck...but it actually does a decent job on covering it up and easy , luckily I had red string from prev steering wheel wrap
Well done!! That looks great.
I have a extra factory shift **** that is torn and will see if I can get a cover like this. Do you remember the seller?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:46 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dzionassi
How about "performance" oil change with home made purger LOL
That's interesting... I assume the purpose is to use air to push out as much used oil as possible. Any idea how much is pushed out?

After doing this, the oil pump and oil feed lines will have air in them. To prevent a dry start up you can use the "clear flood mode"

Clear Flood Mode:
• Left foot on the brake or clutch to the floor.
• Right foot holds the accelerator pedal to the floor
• Push start

This mode turns off the fuel injectors and the engine will just crank for about 4-5 seconds at around 250 RPM.
You can use this a few times to build oil pressure, without the engine running.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:11 AM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SonicVQ

After doing this, the oil pump and oil feed lines will have air in them. To prevent a dry start up you can use the "clear flood mode"

Clear Flood Mode:
• Left foot on the brake or clutch to the floor.
• Right foot holds the accelerator pedal to the floor
• Push start

This mode turns off the fuel injectors and the engine will just crank for about 4-5 seconds at around 250 RPM.
You can use this a few times to build oil pressure, without the engine running.
Dude, thats damn cool! So the days of disconnecting the fuel injecters to feed oil to a fresh/ dry motor are done. Cool tip!
Old 05-30-2020, 03:12 PM
Psycho
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Built these bad boys 😍
Old 05-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
I normally don't like a murdered out front grille, but damn... that looks so-o-o good.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:35 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Dude, thats damn cool! So the days of disconnecting the fuel injecters to feed oil to a fresh/ dry motor are done. Cool tip!
I mean, clear flood mode has been around for a long, long time. Most people will still unplug the injectors just in case regardless.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:38 PM
Psycho
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I normally don't like a murdered out front grille, but damn... that looks so-o-o good.
Thanks lol sprayed it myself too.. quarantine had me doing all sorts of stuff to my car lol
Old 05-30-2020, 08:14 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by stealthee
I mean, clear flood mode has been around for a long, long time. Most people will still unplug the injectors just in case regardless.
Those of us who were tuning 90s cars before the G sure didn't know about it. New to me lol but yea still probably best to do it the old analog way
Old 05-31-2020, 09:14 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by stealthee
One thing to keep in mind is that is doesn't work on all makes.
For example when I tried this on my E39 BMW, the engine started and revved to 5,000 RPM.
Just be careful the first time you try it
Old 05-31-2020, 01:35 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Maybe your Bmw is just a rebel lol
The following users liked this post:
SonicVQ (06-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Quarantine Projects