G37 Sedan

Quarantine Projects

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:43 AM
Ottomurph
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I have limo tint all the way around the car and 55% window tint on the windshield, so there is no glare in my car
Old 05-14-2020, 10:55 AM
Ottomurph
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kapag37
How hard was cleaning/removing covers on the front and what did you use to clean them? Definitely makes them look cleaner.
I initially wanted to remove them, sand blast them and powder coat them, but it was just too much work and time without my car. So I removed the coolant reservoir tank, the air intakes and boxes, the engine cover, the upper intake manifold, then unscrewed all the wires and cords running along the top of the valve covers and pulled them back towards the intake manifold. taped everything off, and covered everything else in plastic and painted them with VHT aluminum paint. I used a combination of brake kleen, purple power degreaser, and then a wire sanding disc on my Dremel. I still have to gloss clear coat it. Then I cought some new 10mm bolts and replaced all the existing ones. Came out really nice in person. Eventually I will remove the the bumper, radiator, and all the pulleys to paint the lower part of the engine. Then replace the pulleys, belt, and bolts

Last edited by Ottomurph; 05-14-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:15 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Test run for modding my G's headlights - removed the HID projectors from my RX8 headlights (that were oxidized beyond repair) for ebay.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:36 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
My shifter was all scrapped up, so had ordered this cover from eBay and thinking meh...for 4 bucks , what the heck...but it actually does a decent job on covering it up and easy , luckily I had red string from prev steering wheel wrap

The following users liked this post:
SonicVQ (05-30-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 08:04 PM
kapag37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ottomurph
I initially wanted to remove them, sand blast them and powder coat them, but it was just too much work and time without my car. So I removed the coolant reservoir tank, the air intakes and boxes, the engine cover, the upper intake manifold, then unscrewed all the wires and cords running along the top of the valve covers and pulled them back towards the intake manifold. taped everything off, and covered everything else in plastic and painted them with VHT aluminum paint. I used a combination of brake kleen, purple power degreaser, and then a wire sanding disc on my Dremel. I still have to gloss clear coat it. Then I cought some new 10mm bolts and replaced all the existing ones. Came out really nice in person. Eventually I will remove the the bumper, radiator, and all the pulleys to paint the lower part of the engine. Then replace the pulleys, belt, and bolts
Ahh nice I think I'll try to at least clean up my engine bay for the next weekend project. Looks great in your pic.

Other next main thing is to find the dumb Infiniti emblem that goes on the engine cover, which I read pops off of for a lot of people. It was missing since I bought the car and dealerships only sell the whole cover -_-
Old 05-16-2020, 09:10 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Replaced my factory horns with Nissan sports horns. Took those out cause they are too high pitched. Installed PIAA superior bass horns but they sounded like a trumpet. Settled on PIAA sport horns (85110). Sounds exactly like my factory horns but louder. Everything was plug and play.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:20 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by kapag37
Other next main thing is to find the dumb Infiniti emblem that goes on the engine cover, which I read pops off of for a lot of people. It was missing since I bought the car and dealerships only sell the whole cover -_-
I've seen many a engine cover at the junk yard and all of them have had that emblem missing. Just a tip for everyone. The engine cover is just for show. Don't even need it. I've taken out all the screws and just set it on there for easy removal.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
I worked my rear quarter overlays some more.

Quarantine Projects-07jjwd4.jpg

Quarantine Projects-vf8rqhi.jpg

I'm almost happy with how they need to be before I call the blending/molding good.

Once those are done I need to do a little more repair to the hood, then pretty much just finish sanding, sanding, and sanding the car in prep for the paint.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:09 PM
KImChee
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Washed and waxed my car, swept out the inside and cleaned the windows.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:15 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I rushed and never got any install pics, but I did this last Monday! I must say, these made a HUGE difference with how flat the car feels in corners. I thought it was hyped up how much of a difference they make, but I am VERY happy with the money I spent on these! ConceptZ Performance had a great sale, and after some points I had I snagged them for $367 shipped for both the front and rear swaybars. I'm excited to see how long the stock end links will last. They have 90,000 miles on them, so if they do break I won't blame the Hotchkis entirely.

Now I'm just impatiently waiting on my FI catback to get here, but I don't think we'll even be in quarantine by then!

Old 05-23-2020, 04:46 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I didn't have any problem with my endlinks until I started doing track days. I think you will probably be ok on the street, but you are right about already having 90k on them. At this point it is anyone's guess as to when they will start clunking.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:55 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
I've gone through like three sets of front endlinks on my car, street only. Expect to be replacing them soon lol
Old 05-23-2020, 04:07 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

😈
whiteline diff bushings, rear diff brace in. KWs, spl rear camber arms, toe bolts, eccentric lockout bolts going in stat!
Future plans for some spl upper front caster/camber arms, some hotchkis and soul function bracing love too... and more to decide on. Operation handling is a go! 😁
The following users liked this post:
Gill408 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 05:28 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I didn't have any problem with my endlinks until I started doing track days. I think you will probably be ok on the street, but you are right about already having 90k on them. At this point it is anyone's guess as to when they will start clunking.
Lol which ones did you use to replace yours, just so I know which ones to avoid

If/when these break, I'll probably just pony up and throw whiteline's on the car and call it good.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:33 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
I did moogs on my car, they seem to keep blowing up though. I don't think whitelines fit on my AWD.

Quick Reply: Quarantine Projects