G37 Sedan

Quarantine Projects

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 04:29 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by cmckenzie15
Yea forged carbon, decided to try something different.

nice......BUT... sad day to have to say...when the main piece is overlooked and just looking at that nice dash!!!..no cracks LOL...got to fix mine...like those old dudes that see a modded out car with a barely clothed girl draped over it..provocative pose etc and all they see is how nice the lawn or something in background LOL...
The following users liked this post:
cmckenzie15 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 05:41 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Have been on the edge with debadging the i n f i n i t i for a while. Had a nice warm day and I decided to go for it. Glad I did, because it looks so clean. OEM spoiler + debadge completely changes the attitude of the rear.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:53 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
nice......BUT... sad day to have to say...when the main piece is overlooked and just looking at that nice dash!!!..no cracks LOL...got to fix mine...like those old dudes that see a modded out car with a barely clothed girl draped over it..provocative pose etc and all they see is how nice the lawn or something in background LOL...
I know exactly what you mean, I luckily haven’t had to deal with the peeling or cracking of the trim/ dash but I remember going to a local cars and coffee and a guy was there with his 2010 G which showed some......age among other things but when he looked in mine he was infatuated with the steering wheel trim still being black.
G37sPhoton (05-03-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 04:29 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Being laid off wouldn't be so bad if the weather were better. I pretty much got stalled on my 3000gt project, but it led me to be able to sort through a ton of parts I have and get a list so I can get them sold. It took pretty much 2 6 hour days to get sorted, but at least I got something done whilst it rained.

After I got the grass mowed and some lunch in me I went back to work on my hood. Working on my side skirts now while the resin sets, then we'll go from there. Hoping to have it all one color within 2 weeks but it depends on how the rear quarters go.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:59 PM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Glad the weather has warmed up. Have to to brakes because a pad got stuck and ate the rotor. Remember to clean your brake hardware quarterly! And you can neve use too much lube.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Quarantine… more like Carantine 😂. Let’s just say I spent a lot more than I thought I would on my G. Time and money… I just got this IPL bumper from Z1 and installed it the other day and I couldn’t be happier. It just really changes the look. I also installed the Admin Tuning intakes and currently Im working on a remote tune with him! So I’m super excited to get that dialed in. Just installed the hotchkis sway bars earlier today and gave my car a nice wash.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jackfriedman:
4DRZ (05-03-2020), Rochester (05-03-2020), TheDevilsG (05-04-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 03:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Oh wow... the light bar in those aftermarket headlights compliments the chrome trim in the IPL bumper perfectly. I didn't expect that, because by themselves they can both be a little much, and yet together it looks great. Go figure.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree! I deleted the chrome on everything and I was debating on wrapping the chrome trim. I surprisingly don’t mind and it actually looks really good!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:23 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Another quarantine project.... seats. I got 4 sport seats for $60. 2 tan, 2 black. One of the black ones has a blown airbag. My goal is to restore hopefully 2 black and have a nice set of sport seats for my car. Already started taking the leather off so I can refoam the seat as needed. Not sure what I'm going to do with the leather yet. New leather from Infiniti is like $500 per seat for the back, and you can't buy the lower leather without the cushion. I also contacted a few of those companies who make aftermarket upholstery and offered to send in the leather covers from these seats so they can use it for R&D and offer a product for G owners. So maybe something will come of that.

Should have taken a pic of them all lined up before I took them apart. It's nuts how much stuff is inside of these seats. My s2000 seats were so much easier to work on lol,

Old 05-03-2020, 08:18 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Another quarantine project.... seats. I got 4 sport seats for $60. 2 tan, 2 black. One of the black ones has a blown airbag. My goal is to restore hopefully 2 black and have a nice set of sport seats for my car. Already started taking the leather off so I can refoam the seat as needed. Not sure what I'm going to do with the leather yet. New leather from Infiniti is like $500 per seat for the back, and you can't buy the lower leather without the cushion. I also contacted a few of those companies who make aftermarket upholstery and offered to send in the leather covers from these seats so they can use it for R&D and offer a product for G owners. So maybe something will come of that.

Should have taken a pic of them all lined up before I took them apart. It's nuts how much stuff is inside of these seats. My s2000 seats were so much easier to work on lol,

Probably will be easier to take the best ones/pieces and just dye them to the color you like. I did that with my Volvo to get a 2 tone look. The dye is like $60.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:18 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Oh, that's a good idea. I was planning on using the leather cover from the seat in the last pic, stitching it back together (it blows at the seam perfectly) and using it on the driver seat. Because that seat back is actually in nearly perfect shape. Both black seat bottoms are pretty worn, so i was considering buying a new one.. but the tan ones are actually not bad. I have no idea how well the dye would match though.
What dye did you use? did it hold up to wear well?
Old 05-03-2020, 11:40 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Installed this today, got tired of dealing with my plastic torn shroud. Had to first drill out some broken rusted bolts that were there from before i got the car. I was glad to get those off so i could stop sighing everytime i look at them lol...

4DRZ (05-06-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 02:30 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Oh, that's a good idea. I was planning on using the leather cover from the seat in the last pic, stitching it back together (it blows at the seam perfectly) and using it on the driver seat. Because that seat back is actually in nearly perfect shape. Both black seat bottoms are pretty worn, so i was considering buying a new one.. but the tan ones are actually not bad. I have no idea how well the dye would match though.
What dye did you use? did it hold up to wear well?
Don't remember the brand cause it was about 10 years ago. The dye is permanent. I dyed some of my beige interior black for a 2 tone look. The total cost was about $60, front and back. I did both front seats but I have covers on them now cause the leather is cracked from age but it looked beautiful when i first did it. Just make sure you dye leather that's still in good condition. This is my beater car i don't care about anymore so ignore the stains. Dye them outside the car as it's so much easier.

Last edited by mummy2; 05-04-2020 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:12 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
I occasionally see OEM seat leathers for about $250 (for the top half) on ebay.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:30 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rotarymike
I occasionally see OEM seat leathers for about $250 (for the top half) on ebay.
Yeah I have seen some of those as well, most of them are base seats. All the sport ones I have seen are super beat up unfortunately. I might just try the dye on one of the tan seat bottoms and see how that works

Quick Reply: Quarantine Projects