G37 Sedan

How long did it take to find your 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How long did it take to find your 6MT

I have been looking for around a month now, seems like these cars are a little hard to find without going completely out of your way. A lot of listings on major used auto search sites are misrepresented. I live in New York the G is abundant, but not in 6MT

Curious how long did it take to find your 6MT sport sedan?

waiting to get a approved so I can make a want to buy post and see what is available. I am willing to travel but it needs to be worth the time and money to go somewhere.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:16 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Special order here 7 years ago. I think at the time KY or TN was the closest, and in black which I didn't want. Special order took ~3 months.

Finding a used one in good shape/low miles is challenging. It's the proverbial unicorn/needle in a haystack - esp the sedan. Unlikely you'll find one close so expect to travel to pick it up. My buyer came from a few states away. I vaguely recall him telling me it took a few months to locate.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:14 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 243 Likes on 167 Posts
You should try the facebook groups, I see them there some what regularly. Pretty much your best shot.

I found mine when I was looking for a winter beater, go figure.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
You should try the facebook groups, I see them there some what regularly. Pretty much your best shot.

I found mine when I was looking for a winter beater, go figure.
I can’t find any G dedicated Facebook groups and nothing has come up in the marketplace, car gurus has a couple things. But its either very far requiring a flight or is over priced. I wouldn’t mind flying somewhere but needs to be the right price, and right seller.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Back at the end od 2011 into January 2012, it took me at least 3 months or more of daily attention before finding my car 400 miles away. Be patient, and be flexible. And give the FS threads a shake, there are always 6MT Sedans available there, premium asking price notwithstanding.

Is it worth it, paying more for an uncommon car that's exactly what you want? Absolutely it is.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:33 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 243 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by Juttaro
I can’t find any G dedicated Facebook groups and nothing has come up in the marketplace, car gurus has a couple things. But its either very far requiring a flight or is over priced. I wouldn’t mind flying somewhere but needs to be the right price, and right seller.
Dude, there are so many G facebook groups its insane. Here are just some I'm a part of:
  • G37 Coupes and Sedans
  • V36 Sedans Buy & Sell page
  • Infiniti G35,G37. Nissan. 350z,370z Group Buy/Sale
  • Infiniti G35/G37 Sedans
  • Strictly Infiniti Sedans
  • INFINITI Worldwide G35 - G37 - Q50 - Q60 - QX30 - QX50 - QX60
  • G/Z Private Marketplace

Also lots of local groups for states/cities.
The following users liked this post:
STownSaint (11-05-2022)
Old 12-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Tony Case

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like 2 weeks for me luckily. Looked previously for awhile longer but when I was seriously looking I was lucky there was a good one for sale and I scooped it up quick

​​​​​​​
Old 12-04-2019, 02:12 AM
Huaniitoo
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It took me 1 Auto g37 base sedan and a year to find a 6speed sport... so worth it
Old 12-05-2019, 06:18 AM
iDs748
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I looked for mine here in Canada back in 2014 from May 2014 Until October until I found a good 1 year off lease. Bought a 2013 G37S Sedan 6MT around halloween with 20,000 KM. Still love driving it
Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Dude, there are so many G facebook groups its insane. Here are just some I'm a part of:
  • G37 Coupes and Sedans
  • V36 Sedans Buy & Sell page
  • Infiniti G35,G37. Nissan. 350z,370z Group Buy/Sale
  • Infiniti G35/G37 Sedans
  • Strictly Infiniti Sedans
  • INFINITI Worldwide G35 - G37 - Q50 - Q60 - QX30 - QX50 - QX60
  • G/Z Private Marketplace

Also lots of local groups for states/cities.
yeah i found a few of them shortly after I think I might have a sale in progress. We will see, keep you guys updated.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Hung in there !!

Hung in there, just picked this up last night 2013 G37 Sport Sedan 6MT 79k miles. Happy to have it home. Only mods H&R Springs, Muffler delete and blacked out window chrome . Sounds great and quiet below 2k rpm. Build date 2012/10 probably one of the last to probably roll of the production line. Drives great, did a super thorough inspection. Just needs a nice compounding has a lot of water marks in the paint, and probably just something I will have to accept will be there with a black car.
STownSaint (11-05-2022)
Old 12-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Sweet! Congratulations! Not an easy pick-up in New York with the early winter we've been having. You're going to want a set of snow tires on that car ASAP.

I bet that slammed & skirted 240SX Hatchback has a story.

Originally Posted by Juttaro
Only mods H&R Springs, Muffler delete and blacked out window chrome
Nope, not the only mods from those pics. Those aren't duckfeet. You've got the 19" Sport Wheels off the Coupe. And somebody put an aftermarket **** on that shifter.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-07-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Juttaro (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Sweet! Congratulations! Not an easy pick-up in New York with the early winter we've been having. You're going to want a set of snow tires on that car ASAP.

I bet that slammed & skirted 240SX Hatchback has a story.

Nope, not the only mods from those pics. Those aren't duckfeet. You've got the 19" Sport Wheels off the Coupe. And somebody put an aftermarket **** on that shifter.
yeah weirdly enough some how I completely missed the fact that it didnt’ have the sport sedan “duckfeets”. Noticed it after I brought the car home. Thanks for clarifying what model the wheels came from. These actually look way better to me.Yeah its a greddy ****, kinda forgot about that too. The 240 is no where near stock, caged and all the drift goodies so a shift **** being a mod kinda mod kinda skipped my mind 😂
Old 12-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Shift ****... well said, LOL.

Welcome to the forum, Juttaro. I'm sure you've been trolling for info on how to mod that car without going nuts right away. Want some advice? In my opinion, the three least expensive, bolt-on mods, which are also three of the most transformative, are aftermarket swaybars, the RJM clutch pedal assembly, and a short-throw shifter. Any one of those things (or all three) are something you will appreciate every time you drive the car.

It's a big state. You in Western NY by any chance?
Juttaro (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Juttaro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Shift ****... well said, LOL.

Welcome to the forum, Juttaro. I'm sure you've been trolling for info on how to mod that car without going nuts right away. Want some advice? In my opinion, the three least expensive, bolt-on mods, which are also three of the most transformative, are aftermarket swaybars, the RJM clutch pedal assembly, and a short-throw shifter. Any one of those things (or all three) are something you will appreciate every time you drive the car.

It's a big state. You in Western NY by any chance?
I appreciate the recommendations. Not really a fan of short shifters so I will probably skip that. But I have heard about the clutch pedal spring being a nice upgrade. Sway bars could be nice in the future. I want to start with a set of project mu pads, a rack spacer and some good tires. Would consider swapping the springs out for a traditional coil setup. But right now I want to just enjoy it as is. I have done more than enough on my 240 build and want to keep this thing as comfortable and street able as possible.

and no i’m in the city.

Quick Reply: How long did it take to find your 6MT