flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Same here as soon as they replace the rotors there was no more vibrations
Old 05-23-2019, 08:29 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
This place I go for Oil changes found a coolant leak. They said it would be around 700. They say they needed to remove the intake. A local mechanic friend says that isn't the case. I got the hoses and clamps for $82 and he is installing them for $60. He look the engine cover off and showed me the leak. It is the coolant hose to the throttle body. I could have it plugged but instead I bought the $9 hose and $5 for two clips. I was already thinking of not going back to this oil place, now I am more sure about it.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts
Since you're not mechanically-inclined whatsoever, I would recommend you getting a new car w/a warranty.

Otherwise, your problems are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

If you're not losing PS fluid, and no puddles on your garage floor, then doubtful you have a leak in your rack.

Check your rear main seals while the car is up on the lift and see for yourself if they're leaking. If so, yes, get them changed.

Tramlining...tires, alignment, offset of wheels all play a part.

Vibrating while driving or braking?

Orientation of rotors not that big a deal. Probably was just the way the slots/holes on the rotors point. Doesn't really matter which way they go.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:25 AM
RemmysG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the rack and pinion that is "sweating" i believe

This is the Rear passenger side rotor that got scratched, its Centric was put in last year both rear side but pads weren't changed so it scratched, should i get a new one or leave it?

I dont know what that rusted thing is but it doesnt look good, any ideas?
I have managed to accept these problems with the car, for 10 year old car the paint doesn't look bad for its age and its a lot of bang for the money, only down would be poor gas mileage but that doesn't bother me much.

Since I have posted,

>My Z23 Power Stops Brake Kit crapped out on me within a year. I am thinking of getting new Centric's for the front as I only need them for daily driving and some spirited driving. There is an unbearable vibration when braking above 60kph with these Powerstops. My mechanic stated that any sort of vibration is caused by rotors that are warped so I need to change them. I also live in Calgary, Canada if that makes a difference due to weather?

>I went back to my stock Enkei 18" Wheels which have Michelin X Ice on them for now and I plan to go Pirelli P Zero all season or Continental DWS.
Dont know which is better but I am aiming for comfort and lack of noise, sicken tired of swapping wheels every season and I dont drive more than 10,000-15,000 kms a year.

> Thinking of changing the front and rear shocks as well as part of maintenance, I heard the KYB are harsh vs OEM or is just like OEM?

Some pictures attached to give everyone an idea, my mechanic said that most parts are good and not much play. Even made me try it for my self to get an idea.

I am surprised they crapped out so fast. Its a shame. My rear brake pads scratched my rotor a bit since they were completely gone, I replaced them with Wagner pads and they seem to smell a lot and sometimes squeak. I dont know if i have to change the rotor or get better brake pads...

Some pics of the cars
Old 05-27-2019, 09:41 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by RemmysG37
This is the rack and pinion that is "sweating" i believe.
Yeah thats the "sweating"...you could probably wipe it down and it won't look like that again for another 10 years

This is the Rear passenger side rotor that got scratched, its Centric was put in last year both rear side but pads weren't changed so it scratched, should i get a new one or leave it?
you definitly need to replace the rotor's

I dont know what that rusted thing is but it doesn't look good, any ideas?
that just a chassis brace...everyone that live in a northern climate looks like that...IIRC you can get used ones on Ebay for about 30 dollars or so and I think a new one at he dealership will cost about 70-80 ...you could always spray it with some rust converter paint or just leave it..

My Z23 Power Stops Brake Kit crapped out on me within a year. I am thinking of getting new Centric's for the front as I only need them for daily driving and some spirited driving. There is an unbearable vibration when braking above 60kph with these Powerstops. My mechanic stated that any sort of vibration is caused by rotors that are warped so I need to change them. I also live in Calgary, Canada if that makes a difference due to weather?
..the rotors probably aren't warped but more likely weren't bedded in properly (you can still do that and it should improve substantially)..I'm not 100% clear on your description of the braking situation...how old were the pads on the rear that ended up like that? if you relay don't drive that much and aren't too hard on them they should last way longer than a year...it sounds more like the mechanic skipped cleaning and regreasing the slide pins and the pads were dragging...this is not that uncommon as alot of mechanics jsut wantto save time and you usually don't notice till months later when the new pads are destroyed.

I went back to my stock Enkei 18" Wheels which have Michelin X Ice on them for now and I plan to go Pirelli P Zero all season or Continental DWS.
Dont know which is better but I am aiming for comfort and lack of noise, sicken tired of swapping wheels every season and I dont drive more than 10,000-15,000 kms a year.
you are probably better off with the Continentals for comfort and noise

Thinking of changing the front and rear shocks as well as part of maintenance, I heard the KYB are harsh vs OEM or is just like OEM?
KYBs ride just like OEM they ususally run a promotion with a rebate around August if you buy fronts and rears