G37 Sedan

Throttle (Acceleration) Lag

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 12:31 AM
SilverG37X604

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle (Acceleration) Lag

I have a 2010 g37x Sedan Automatic i had mostly Manual cars in my life was wondering if this is normal. When i step on the gas hard for example to switch lanes there seems to be a slow reaction from the engine and the gas peddle. Like when i step hard on the gas to speed up to switch lanes the car has a slow reaction to react and speed. Cant really explain it if that makes sense has anyone experience this on there G automatic or is it just me?
Old 01-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverG37X604
I have a 2010 g37x Sedan Automatic i had mostly Manual cars in my life was wondering if this is normal. When i step on the gas hard for example to switch lanes there seems to be a slow reaction from the engine and the gas peddle. Like when i step hard on the gas to speed up to switch lanes the car has a slow reaction to react and speed. Cant really explain it if that makes sense has anyone experience this on there G automatic or is it just me?
lol your mind wants Manuel reaction but I'm sorry to tell you the 7 speed tranny is very laggy, I ABSOLUTELY never drive in D mode for the same exact reason, I'm coming from an automatic altima se-r n the throttle response is f-ing amazing n shift so fast compared to the g which is y I drive either in sport mode or triptonic but its normal.
The following users liked this post:
Rana (09-14-2023)
Old 01-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
HA Ha Ha Ha Must be new...........
Just google throttle lag myg37.com Plenty of write ups already don't your going to het anyone to chime in on this thread just cause there are so many threads about the same subject already out there.
Welcome to the G !! Is why I drive in M
Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
lol your mind wants Manuel reaction but I'm sorry to tell you the 7 speed tranny is very laggy, I ABSOLUTELY never drive in D mode for the same exact reason, I'm coming from an automatic altima se-r n the throttle response is f-ing amazing n shift so fast compared to the g which is y I drive either in sport mode or triptonic but its normal.
Agreed - transmission lag is terrible in drive and still an issue in sport. Most concerning is when I press the gas there's a delay, then it drops a few hundred RPM, then goes. There's a thread here about installing a grounding kit adding a larger ground to the engine, throttle body, chassis, etc. where some are indicating improved transmission response and others are indicating its a placebo effect - I have no opinion but you'll find the thread if searched.

Side note - I had an Altima SE-R when first released - 2005 - and loved the exhaust note! Car was a blast to drive, looked mean tinted as it was black (no chrome) with 5% limo, although the rattles and creaks drove me nuts.

-Eric

Old 01-08-2019, 10:08 AM
SilverG37X604

yes i rear all the lag forums and and no really ideas on how to fix it thanks for the advice for the grounding i thought maybe trying to tune it or change bigger throttle body would help?

I have another car newer automatic nissan murano and because its new its so much more responsive even though its automatic but i guess because its new.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:10 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
yes i rear all the lag forums and and no really ideas on how to fix it thanks for the advice for the grounding i thought maybe trying to tune it or change bigger throttle body would help?

I have another car newer automatic nissan murano and because its new its so much more responsive even though its automatic but i guess because its new.
Murano is CVT so different 😊

-Eric
Old 01-08-2019, 10:59 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
yes i rear all the lag forums and and no really ideas on how to fix it...
It would take a comprehensive software re-write by Infiniti. The transmission was programmed for EPA mileage numbers on the dealer sticker. Get to the highest gear as possible as soon as possible and hang onto it for as long as possible. The 3.7 is a bit of a gas hog in urban and suburban environments as it's hauling over two tons around. To date, no one has wanted to tackle cracking the TCU code base.

You have two complementary options -- get a tune which can raise the trans line pressure and/or drive in Sport mode and do your own shifting. I do the second.
The following users liked this post:
Rana (09-14-2023)
Old 01-08-2019, 11:18 AM
SilverG37X604

thanks for your advice but mine doesnt have paddle, i guess i will just live with it , so guess there is no other way to make the car more responsive
Old 01-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Easiest solution is to drive in manual mode all day but if you have an aftermarket exhaust expect to burn gas, I love my ark n I'm always in the 3-4k rang but in normal drive mode the car usual shifts around 2k.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
thanks for your advice but mine doesnt have paddle, i guess i will just live with it , so guess there is no other way to make the car more responsive
Yes paddles are great and included in the s model but not necessary. Switch tran into ds and push up on shifter to engage, 1 will be displayed on dash and then 234 etc.. I drive like this 99% of the time.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bostonreefer
Yes paddles are great and included in the s model but not necessary. Switch tran into ds and push up on shifter to engage, 1 will be displayed on dash and then 234 etc.. I drive like this 99% of the time.
actually most g37 models after 2009 have the paddle shifter harness under the steering wheel colum trim, my 2013 X sedan didnt come with the paddles but I got them from craigslist n simply swap out to the correct trim n that was it plug n play.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Also flog on her from time to time. It will learn your recent habits and try to adjust to them. I spent the last couple days on the cruise from MInneapolis to Denver. When I got here she was a laaaagy turd.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 AM
SilverG37X604

i came across this . Does anyone have this or heard of it?

https://www.injen.com/cadillac-x-ped...-module-6.html
Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
It's been around for awhile and has, and is, used by members. Search for "throttle hijack".
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM
NismoFerg
Registered Member

I think this is what you are looking for: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...er-review.html

Quick Reply: Throttle (Acceleration) Lag