G37 Sedan

Difference between stillen n ark cbe

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Difference between stillen n ark cbe

Hey guys I'm trying to decide between the stillen or ark cbe , not too concerned with price more for sound. I currently have tanabe axleback with vibrants 12in resonators which sound good to me but I want more n I'm not sure how much louder stillen is compared to my current setup, I would hate to drop the cash just for a slight difference. Btw I'm from NY so if anyone lives in the area n wouldn't mind letting me hear the exhaust that would be amazing. Thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2018, 11:56 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't have first hand experience with the ark exhaust but I do have the Stillen catback and intakes on my car. I think it sounds great but it is definitely on the quieter side. Here's my exhaust video on
View this post on Instagram

At idle, there is a slight bit more throatiness but it's hard to tell. Normal driving with the windows up, I barely hear it tbh. You can definitely hear it under wot above 3k rpms though. My friends say its loud from the outside at wot but not ear piercing. My personal opinion, it's a great sounding exhaust but in terms of loudness, it's one of the more tamed catback. I can hear the car want to pop and backfire but I think it's too restrictive.

Edit:
The hyperlink isn't showing up for me so if you want, just look up my username on Instagram.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:15 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Thanks alot for the input. Unfortunately I don't use Instagram, is it on youtube?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
Thanks alot for the input. Unfortunately I don't use Instagram, is it on youtube?

you don't have to have the app or an account to see pictures usually, you can just google his username and click on the link in your web browser and view it like any other website
Old 11-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
you don't have to have the app or an account to see pictures usually, you can just google his username and click on the link in your web browser and view it like any other website
some how when I check my email n saw the link to his thread, his video was there so I was able to hear it n it's to quite for me.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:22 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
some how when I check my email n saw the link to his thread, his video was there so I was able to hear it n it's to quite for me.
It just didn't show up on my computer so I was giving you another option to view it just in case it didn't work for you too. I don't mind how quiet it is since I got it for free but I do want to upgrade in the future. For now, I'm content with it. I do believe ark is a louder exhaust from what I've read but I don't have personal experience.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
For a number of years, there were G37 meet-ups on the Northeast. 2018 was the first year in a while we didn't have one. Anyway, the point is that meet-ups are a fantastic way to compare exhausts, and NY is huge, so you should be able to find G/Z owners with aftermarket exhausts.

That said, Stillen is relatively quiet compared to most, just a step louder that stock. ARK is very loud, and deliciously so, particularly if you've got ARK's resonated cats. FI would be in the middle of the two, with a more modulated tone, and simply gorgeous build quality. The best of them all, really. You know, it's all very subjective.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-02-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

It really sucks that I can't find 1 person in New York but I'm very much leaning towards ark