G37 Sedan

Should I upgrade the performance or appearance of my G?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 11:31 PM
General Grim
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
FreightTrain, that is great advice. For some reason the Non-Sport bumper to me is not very photogenic lol. It looks much better in person. I am still planning things out and started by getting my hands on some Infiniti license plate frames and Infiniti tire caps. Small but at least it is something. I am still doing some research on the full exhaust system and planning on some gun metal grey rims to match my car's Liquid platinum color. I saw a silver WRX today with gun metal rims and it looked really good. Aaron! I promise I won't rice out my car. I see a lot of riced out Infinitis here in my area and I can't help but cringe as I watch them street race around here lol.
The following users liked this post:
FreightTrain (03-23-2019)
Old 11-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Granddaddypurp

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Lol whatever you do, dont put 16 in rims on your car. Will look wack as hell
Old 11-03-2018, 12:42 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Rock Auto, indeed, ships to California. The only items that cannot are:

(direct from their website)
Products for which we do not have documentation required by Proposition 65 cannot ship to California. Those products include:
  • Some Wholesaler closeout parts
  • Parts for some brands including PERFECT FIT, VARIOUS MANUFACTURER and ULTRA-POWER brands
Wheel diameter does not affect rolling resistance. It CAN affect rotational mass. You can decrease rotational mass with just going with a lighter wheel. Also going to a smaller wheel doesn't necessarily mean you will lose a lot of weight, because there is a possibility of getting weight back from the tires.

IMO the fellow G owner you spoke to doesn't sound very car savvy. He sounds more like someone who has read some things here and there and is projecting it as good advice.

You seem to be trying to do your research, which is good, but sometimes you have to take some of the things you read with a grain of salt.